Match Thread

theboyangel

We take on Groningen today - hopefully with a jet-lag free squad too!

I'm half expecting a more 'finalised' starting XI today, the majority of which will play 60mins or so to build up stamina etc. 

Will be interesting to see whether Lowton has travelled with the squad too - considering the recent rumours of a loan move to Boro.

For some reason, there'll be no live coverage at all available from the official site, who posted the following:

Unfortunately, due to contractual reasons we are unable to provide live coverage of Saturday's pre-season friendly against Groningen.

We understand this will be disappointing to many supporters who were hoping to follow the fortunes of the Villa side in the clash at the Euroborg.

However, please check back to avfc.co.uk after the game for a match report, as well as the thoughts of manager Paul Lambert.

That sounds like there'll be no Capt Jack commentary or tweeter feed?!?!?

Is this maybe because the friendly was part of the Bacuna transfer? Perhaps rights to broadcast the friendly form part of the financial benefits of that deal.

The Groningen web site appears to have a link to a live stream so we might get lucky that way.

That link leads to a fox sports website so I doubt we will be able to watch it outside of Holland. Hope I'm wrong. 

edit: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=271700&part=sports

3 links to the game on wiziwig.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Fairly interesting news - Lowton and Bennett have been named in the 'development' squad team facing Swindon Town this afternoon.

Both on the way out?

Edited by theboyangel

Fairly interesting news - Lowton and Bennett have been named in the 'development' squad team facing Swindon Town this afternoon.

Both on the way out?

Hope that's the case, both of them belong in the lower divisions. 

#avfc @fcgroningen Given Hutton Senderos Baker Clark Westwood Delph Weimann Richardson Agbonlahor © Bent @AVFCOfficial

#avfc subs @fcgroningen Guzan Okore Bacuna El Ahmadi N'Zogbia Herd Stevens Gardner Grealish @AVFCOfficial

Am guessing its 4-4-2, Clark playing at LB with Richardson playing in front of Delph and Westy or 3-5-2 with Richardson at LB.  I'd imagine that's pretty close to our team to the first game of the season with the exception of maybe Zog and Okore who might start and Goose should start also.

Edited by Bunnski

Â