Finals

limpid

If Germany don't win this game they are officially the king of all chokers. The Asafa Powell of soccer. They've been so close now on so many occasions recently getting to finals and semi finals. It's time they won something.

Bit harsh - 3 World Cups and 3 Euro Championships is hardly the CV of a king choker. In 2002 Brazil were head and shoulders above them and in 2010, it was the same with Spain. 2006 is probably the only time they could have done better. 

If Germany don't win this game they are officially the king of all chokers. The Asafa Powell of soccer. They've been so close now on so many occasions recently getting to finals and semi finals. It's time they won something.

Bit harsh - 3 World Cups and 3 Euro Championships is hardly the CV of a king choker. In 2002 Brazil were head and shoulders above them and in 2010, it was the same with Spain. 2006 is probably the only time they could have done better. 

I'm talking about recent times. Nearly all of those Euros and world cup wins were between 1954 and 1990. Euro 2012 semi I felt they choked, Euro 2008 final, 2006. Always close but not winning it.

Was at a wedding yesterday so missed the 3rd place play off, just seen the highlights... love Vlaar taking revenge on Ramires for the horror challenge on KEA!

All about Germany tonight, I'm so excited for this game.

Muller needs to score two as he has played more games?

Assists come before minutes played in the working out.

Klose was born in Poland and lived in France from the age of 1 to 9. His mother and father are also Polish. But the 'German' international is now his countries top scorer.

Edited by Voinjama

It's the world cup final. I would argue that is the biggest game in football. The 2010 world cup was so horrendously bad I kind of lost interest half way through. Villa haven't really had any major cup finals in recent years.

I'm talking about recent times. Nearly all of those Euros and world cup wins were between 1954 and 1990. Euro 2012 semi I felt they choked, Euro 2008 final, 2006. Always close but not winning it.

Why stop short at 1990 when they win the Euros in 96? Because it suits the argument better?

I think a 1 hour build up is sufficient.

Why stop short at 1990 when they win the Euros in 96? Because it suits the argument better?

I did say nearly. But if you want to include 1996 it's fine. It was nearly 20 years ago. So my point still stands.