Finals

limpid

What I find sad is that this could be the last time I see a lot of these players at a World Cup.

Kuyt is 33 now, don't see him playing another one, have my doubts about the Euros.

Sneijder, Van Persie and Robben are all 30 now, at 34 they may be around but it may be pushing it.

Van Dar Vaart who missed out is 31, don't expect to see him at another, nor Heitinga who I had a lot of respect for at Ajax.

If this isn't the end of an era, we're on the verge of it.

The Dutch have many good players coming through, maybe not upfront but certainly in the defensive and midfield positions.

They've got Jürgen Locadia up front, he's got great potential. Only 20 though, so see how he goes.

Locadia is a poor player with a poor mentality. He scored a fair bit last season but so would most strikers for PSV.

Richairo Zivkovic is a better prospect. He scored 10 goals last season as a 16/17 year old in the Eredivisie for FC Groningen and has just signed for Ajax for 3 million Euro's. We lack a bit of strength in the youth academies for a real striker prospect. Some striker that are mid-twenties have failed in Europe (Luuk de Jong at Gladbach, Van Wolfswinkel at Norwich and Dost at Wolfsburg) so it's difficult.

We do have a great bunch of young winger coming through with Memphis Depay, Jean-Paul Boetius, Quincy Promes and Bilal Basacikoglu.

• Like 1

This ref is a joke.

I assume he found his refs licence at the bottom of a box of breakfast cereal.

I think it was around the time of Euro 2000, one of the breakfast cereal companies put a double sided red/yellow card in as a prize (remember when cereal had prizes?). Those caused a lot of fights in the playground :D

• Like 3

I'd welcome a rule change where contact was allowed on Robben in the final third of the field.

I'd welcome a rule where the little scumbags that say things like that get hurt in equal proportions ;)