Finals

limpid

Nice touch bringing on Vorm at the end. Well played Holland, but Brazil have been poor, and didn't deserve to progress this far into the competition. Vlaar's given a good account of himself, which is both a good and bad thing given the contract issues.

I'm struggling to decide whether Luiz or Hulk is the funniest player in the tournament,

Neither, it's Fred.

Well yes, but Euro for Euro it's probably Louise.

The future is bright for the Netherlands, the future is orange. Comparing them with England, I just can't see England doing anything for at least another 6 years. We are so far about 5 or 6 European teams. All the talk before the tournament was about Belgium, but it was their neighbours to the north who did the business..

• Like 1

Things more pointless then the 3rd/4th playoff.

The left hand side of the countdown clock.

Suarez first 3 months at Barca

Man City's academy

Michael Gove as education secretary

Trying to empty Niagara with a bucket.

• Like 1

The future is bright for the Netherlands, the future is orange. Comparing them with England, I just can't see England doing anything for at least another 6 years. We are so far about 5 or 6 European teams. All the talk before the tournament was about Belgium, but it was their neighbours to the north who did the business..

Really? I want all that impressed with them to be honest. Incredibly well organised defensively for sure, credit to the manager for that. But they were ultimately a disappointment after the destruction of Spain, a side of diminishing returns. Almost as though they knew that in reality, they weren't good enough.

Compared to England they were a revelation of course, weren't most? But I'd say England at present have a brighter future.

Forget England mind, it's all about tomorrow now. The biggest game there is in my opinion. Can't wait.

Really want Messi to complete the set and secure his legacy.

Hatrick, golden boot/ball awards

Sadly it won't happen as they will put 3 men on him like every other team. I'm amazed he has 4 goals

Man City's academy

Using 'then' instead of 'than'... ;)
  • Like 1

Despite my prediction in the prediction league, I think Argentina will grind out a narrow victory here without pens. 2-1 would be my guess, because... Well 2-1

Man City's academy

The plastic bit on top of a mcflurry?

If Germany don't win this game they are officially the king of all chokers. The Asafa Powell of soccer. They've been so close now on so many occasions recently getting to finals and semi finals. It's time they won something.