E3 2014

villa4europe

I'm really disappointed vita didn't get much of a mention in Sonys event.

I thought it was selling much better with its tie in with the PS4 so was hoping the improved sales may have led to some much needed AAA titles for it, oh well.

Just checked out the No Man's Sky trailer. I know trailers are carefully choreographed and can't be trusted, but wow. If the planet-to-planet transitions are really that smooth then color me impressed. I grew up having to wait ten minutes for a game to load off a cassette tape, so the prospect of whole worlds streaming in real-time like that it's pretty exciting. I'd like to see more of how things are going to be structured, as I think a properly organised multiplayer will be vital to longevity, but the tech and art style are very impressive.

Gta V on the PC - about bloody time. I always play Gta games on the PC because of mods, but the ports are usually terrible so I'm tempering my excitement.

Assassin's Creed: Unity looks like it might finally be the AC game I've been waiting for. I lost interest after AC3 with it's bugs, awful missions, dumbed-down combat, boring lead character and disappointing cock-tease of a story. If Unity delivers on its promises of improved movement and more open-ended assassinations then I could well be tempted back.

And Hotline Miami 2 will have a level editor? Awesome.

I'm not really sure I like the look of No Man's Sky art style at all. I think I'll stick with Elite Dangerous, which is having the ability to land on planets added in.

• Like 1

Really been looking at no man's sky and checking out some of his interviews. It really gives me a vibe off someone that is trying to oversell their game by outrageous claims that doesn't really work in practice. Still, it looks interesting but there is definitely a catch there that we haven't seen yet.

Few things

It sort of has a rogue feel to it, meaning that you can die at any time and lose everything you have built up, like your ship and what not. Not sure if it goes for currency but it might. They also talked about you finding trade routes, space stations and such. How does that even work? Would imagine that it's kind of limited since it revolves around perma death. He also stressed the fact that there are no quests or certain objectives you have to do.

And how complex are their algorithims that determines the outcome of planets and creatures. Like, everything is supposedly procedural. He also mentioned several times that it's not supposed to be a "tech" demo in the sense that walking around exploring is what it really boils down to. But what do you gain from harvesting certain things if you cannot build(neither denied or confirmed but I doubt it considering the vast number of planets)

Lot of questions and it feels like he is trying to oversell the game but in reality it's a far cry from what people imagine it being. Still, hope it delivers on many things as the art style looks fantastic. A real fantasy for many people.

Then again, there are other space games coming out so it's not doom or gloom for a consumer standpoint.

Having just now looked up all that No Man's Sky stuff, I'm practically salivating.

Ditto.  Just seen it on the beeb's tech page.  Pretty awesome looking stuff.  Not enough to convince to get a PS4 just yet though.

Going to have to check out LBP3 footage as well as I've heard some interesting musing from a colleague about that.

Really been looking at no man's sky and checking out some of his interviews. It really gives me a vibe off someone that is trying to oversell their game by outrageous claims that doesn't really work in practice. Still, it looks interesting but there is definitely a catch there that we haven't seen yet.

Few things

It sort of has a rogue feel to it, meaning that you can die at any time and lose everything you have built up, like your ship and what not. Not sure if it goes for currency but it might. They also talked about you finding trade routes, space stations and such. How does that even work? Would imagine that it's kind of limited since it revolves around perma death. He also stressed the fact that there are no quests or certain objectives you have to do.

And how complex are their algorithims that determines the outcome of planets and creatures. Like, everything is supposedly procedural. He also mentioned several times that it's not supposed to be a "tech" demo in the sense that walking around exploring is what it really boils down to. But what do you gain from harvesting certain things if you cannot build(neither denied or confirmed but I doubt it considering the vast number of planets)

Lot of questions and it feels like he is trying to oversell the game but in reality it's a far cry from what people imagine it being. Still, hope it delivers on many things as the art style looks fantastic. A real fantasy for many people.

Then again, there are other space games coming out so it's not doom or gloom for a consumer standpoint.

The big issue with it so far is that there's absolutely no indication of this game actually featuring gameplay :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it looks potentially awesome, but the lack of commentary beyond these wonderful technical accomplishments greatly concerns me

Is there? He seems like a shy guy but he just briefly talks about the stuff like trade routes and space station, imo something that would be big things. And what can you really mine, he did say it was some sort of currency so obviously not something like oil, uranium or whatever. I really want this to be good but I have a feeling many of these things will feel incomplete. Still, not gonna shoot it down yet as there are so many things unconfirmed at the moment, it's hard to say what it really will be.

Also another interesting fact that this is no mmo so meeting players will be pretty rare as he stated, but I do wonder how it will work if lets say you and I want to play, is there any way to do that quickly? Again..so many questions :detect:

Really been looking at no man's sky and checking out some of his interviews. It really gives me a vibe off someone that is trying to oversell their game by outrageous claims that doesn't really work in practice.

Well, they are based about 10 minutes down the road from Peter Molyneux's studio.

Will there ever be a game, where you can go planet to planet, harvest elements (but you can fill up only so much) and either trade with other people (free trading) or build and terraform a planet?  Upgrade your ship, be a pirate, trader or part of a group or something?

I played the infinate black on android which is like a 2-d version of this, plus it randomly generated enemies to get exp points.  It takes ages to level up, which makes stuff feel more rewarding and there is no one set-up which gives you a huge advantage.

Give me that game, on console (ps4 pref) now!

Â