E3 2014

villa4europe

Really? With the same old games and boring developer stories?

Yeah, you're right. They should've piled on the racing games and third person adventure/shooters. I mean who wants new Xenoblade, or open world Zelda...

I'm actually tempted by a Wii-U. Mario Kart is one of my favourite games and they seem to be releasing some good stuff. 

Is it too early to say it can be a present for my 2 year old daughter?

• Like 1

Yeah, you're right. They should've piled on the racing games and third person adventure/shooters. I mean who wants new Xenoblade, or open world Zelda...

Zelda looks interesting but the other stuff is exactly the same. They don't have to bring out an FPS or driving game, but something new would be a nice change.

I know what packoman means, Yoshi looks like every side scrolling Mario ever. Captain toad on the other hand looks stupendous! Mario meets Fez! Cant wait.

Saying that, only Zelda & Toad impressed. Hopefully Star Fox will be confirmed.

Packoman has a point. Every damn year Nintendo sell us family friendly nostalgia. Same cutesy characters and IPs trotted out with a gameplay twist or graphical treatment to justify it. I'd be lying if I said the new Zelda didn't catch my attention but much rather play the new IPs Sony are pushing out (Bloodborne, No Man's Sky etc). As someone who doesn't think Smash Bros and StarFox are all that, there's not really much left that Nintendo are offering up to get me excited.

Yes, really a laughable myth that nintendo are that innovation heavy. They can incorporate some neat mechanics but come on, they really know how to milk it. I think there was like 1 new ip, which was less than xbone/ps4.

Open world Zelda sounds really nice on paper but those graphics looked a bit better than I imagine the product actually will be. Still, we will see. Nintendo is not really about pushing the most polygons either, it really boils down to artstyle, but a bigger resolution and smoother frames sure helps.  And that stupid physical mario stuff, like what?

I guess it really boils down to the fact that nintendo has always been about younger audience, you can still enjoy it as an adult without any regrets it's just...meh. Also, speaking about graphics, take a look at this gem that is exclusive to wiiU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxsjM5BNj2U

Literally no transition when aiming down the sights. Even indie 3d games have that, come on.

Is that an open world Zelda where you go to dungeon 1 to get an item that unlocks dungeon 2, go to dungeon 2 to get an item that unlocks dungeon 3....

Is that an open world Zelda where you go to dungeon 1 to get an item that unlocks dungeon 2, go to dungeon 2 to get an item that unlocks dungeon 3....

Nope

I know it's a cutscene rather than gameplay, I know it won't actually look that good, and I know it's number 4 rather than something new and original, but **** hell that uncharted clip is stunning

No mans sky could get very boring very quick, the order still looks awesome to me

I personally don't think what we've seen of No Mans Sky is representative of how the game will play, rather a strong proof of concept showcasing the tech.

At least I hope not because if what we've seen really IS all there is to it then we're looking at the biggest let down since Spore.

There's got to be more right? Hidden stuff, lore, history, past civilizations etc... Looks like it needs some depth to keep the need to explore going. Fingers crossed it all amounts to something.

Â