E3 2014

villa4europe

That's a pretty pants conference by MS, nothing shown which gets the juices flowing bar perhaps some of the Indie stuff which will probably be on Steam/PS4 anyway along with the rest of the 3rd party stuff.

Will Halo 5 really be the killer app to get people buying X1? 

Halo collection looked good but I'm not going to buy a £300 console, and pay £30 a year just to play one game. I'm still really bitter about last year and just because they were forced into making loads of changes doesn't mean I'll forget what they wanted to do. 

It'll take an incredible game(s) to make me buy one. Hopefully they'll release the Halo collection on the PC.

I'd say that it looks like MS is screwed based on that, but I think the problem runs far, far deeper... the industry is consuming itself at the moment. There's pretty much two types of game, the first person shooter and the open world style adventure/shooter. Yeah they look great, but they're essentially the exact same game over and over and over again with one of a small handful of key mechanics becoming the main focus for each title

• Like 2

Give it a 7/10. Played it safe. They still can't do anything right though. People ask for less tv/sports stuff. They deliver with 0 sports or tv action, now people are complaining that the stuff was all CG and no gameplay.

My expectations are always low on these kind of things. Sure i'd have liked more gameplay, but what can you do? Ea and Ubi up next. Will be interesting to see what new exclusives Sony have, they're always good with that type of thing.

Exclusives wise, sunset overdrive & crackdown was all that interested me.

witcher 3 was best of the rest. Very uninspiring look at the future of xbox one. Certainly nowhere near enough to convince me to get an xbox one despite the crackdown surprise.

6/10

Microsoft appear to me to be on the back foot, kicking off the briefing by saying the whole event will be about games, when 12 months ago you sold the console as media hub device. A very confused model. 

Oh well still glad I bought the PS4.

Halo: Collection is going to be $59.99 so about £49.99. Seems fair pricing for the amount of content.

Halo: Collection is going to be $59.99 so about £49.99. Seems fair pricing for the amount of content.

£40

"What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc"

-ign

Can't wait.

Going to look nice!

e3-2014-halo-2-anniversary-comparison---

Edited by Daniel

Did they say the Hardline BETA is out now?

Only on PS4 and PC

Agbonlahor in the Fifa 15 video :lol:

So 15 will be all about the pace. Back to 13's roots I see.

Nah, Gabby got shoved off the ball by Willian and landed on the floor.

Â