E3 2014

villa4europe

for all their gimmicks and re packaging nintendo are criminal at rehashing old stuff though, think the only surprises they have left in them are new versions of games they did 30 years a go, metroid for example, but this time you get to shake you body about to play it!!!!! no thanks, i think the only thing that interests me with the wii u is the virtual console and at the moment the list of games available isnt enough

seen some rumours that the game pad is on its last legs so it'll be interesting to see what they do announce and if it utilises it

and they will be doing disney infinity 2, this time with marvel characters

did sony give any details of more PSN+ games or a list of what games will be on PSN now? thats where gaming is heading for me right now, finding myself playing more and more downloaded indie games and PSN games than paying £50 for something im not totally sold on

I kind of agree about ninendo and it might be rehashes but I can bare it as its not annual incremental updates. Fully fledged zeldas are what 3-5 years apart? Same for 3D Mario. Plus its without the need to drain your income with in game spending.

and the graphics for Uncharted 4 just look amazing

How do you know? They didn't show any :lol:

It's confirmed that cutscene they showed was a in engine cutscene.

That means absolutely nothing, it's not gameplay

Mario Kart 8, DKC Tropical Freeze, Deus Ex HR, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101.

Some great must haves & exclusives there. The Wii U is starting to come into its own a bit now. It was certainly a more attractive purchase to me recently than a ps3/X1.

The gamepad is great, its comfortable and brilliant to play on when the missus wants to watch or go on something else. It comes into its own in games like wind waker HD too with maps, sea charts, inventory, baton controls etc... not cluttering up the main screen

It really is a great console that didn't have the best start or the support from Nintendo up until now and the future is looking ok for it. Could do with a price cut though. MK8 bundles should be £199. It will fly then.

Edited by Ingram85

Ok, so I've just watched a few videos I've missed from yesterday. No Mans Sky looks amazing, if the final game even comes close to that video then it will be fantastic. My only concern is that apart from exploration and space fighting what else is there? Is there a purpose? Story? Or is it going to be visually impressive but ultimately empty & random?

I think the Sony conference shaded MS's effort, not by a huge amount but enough to maintain Sony's lead over Microsoft this generation in console sales. They had a few promising titles amongst all the remake's and franchises.

Bring back Crazy Taxi.

Bring back Dreamcast-era SEGA! We all know if they were still knocking around today (Rather then the zombie pachinko company they are now) at E3 they'd be showing plenty of brilliant GAMES, as opposed to CGI nonsense.

Edited by Corcaigh

One of the things i was most impressed about was the Far Cry 4 thing with Sony. Only on Playstation, only one person needs the Far Cry 4 disk and you can invite a friend to play the game even if they don't have a copy.

Think stuff like that is great, even if it is for a few co-op missions. Will give you an idea if you enjoy the game enough to buy it.

and the graphics for Uncharted 4 just look amazing

How do you know? They didn't show any :lol:

It's confirmed that cutscene they showed was a in engine cutscene.

That means absolutely nothing, it's not gameplay

Let's not forget that they also switch out characters from cutscenes to gameplay as well. It will probably look amazing on ps4 but there is nowhere that vegetation and stuff will be that detailed, interactive and what not. Still, they are very talented.

Arkham Knight, GTA V pc, no man's sky were the highlights for me. Also, Hotline miami 2 will have level editor! That is pretty cool, and it rarely happens anymore. Really stoked about that. Rainbox six, the division and stuff like that looks nice but I want more substance in it. Looks very flashy but that is besides the point.

Mortal Kombat X looks pretty cool as well but I wonder what they bring to the table as MK9 had a lot of it. Lot of cool indies as well. Would be cool to see Nintendo bring up some really great games but I got my doubt. If they do Zelda right then I have no choice but I feel kinda reserved on that one...

One of the things i was most impressed about was the Far Cry 4 thing with Sony. Only on Playstation, only one person needs the Far Cry 4 disk and you can invite a friend to play the game even if they don't have a copy.

Think stuff like that is great, even if it is for a few co-op missions. Will give you an idea if you enjoy the game enough to buy it.

Yeah that is a really cool feature but it is obviously limited. But still, great way to persuade your friend to buy the game. Far Cry 4 location is just superb though.

Only on Playstation, only one person needs the Far Cry 4 disk and you can invite a friend to play the game even if they don't have a copy.

that was one of the big things for me from the launch that has kind of disappeared since

Arkham Knight looks even bigger and better than I initially thought. Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 were also brilliant to see and pretty much confirm that I'll be getting a PS4.

No Man's Sky definitely looked interesting but I share the same fears as you guys as to whether there is much gameplay involved. I'm also sceptical about just how truly diverse these different worlds are going to be. I suspect a lot will be very similar. I suppose if you want something similar but a lot more detailed then at least you have Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen out sometime soon.

Edited by Ginko

Think it will be something that will go hand in hand with their VR headset. Unless there is some depth in the gameplay, jumping from planet to planet will get boring.

I'm happy enough with a pure exploration game. There is only so much running, jumping and shooting one can take.

the crew...

but then they take that exploration game and instead make a game where you race kevved up cars round the streets to infiltrate a crime syndicate, **** off!

scan in all the cities, scan in all the major roads, then let me take a leisurely drive in a veyron round it, dont make it a boy racer game :( 

Â