Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Least we have been put out of our misery officially. 

I think Uruguay might put Italy out. Very disappointed with the Azzurri today. 

Hope Woy benches Rooney and Gerrard against Costa Rica now, give Lampard the captaincy in his final game for England.

Surely it's Gerrard's last tournament too?

Not if Hodgson is still manager in 2016.

Not if Hodgson is still manager in 2016.

Even if Hodgson wanted him to carry on I think Gerrard will retire from International duty. It's not like he's Pirlo and can just hang around the centre circle pinging short passes.

I don't even know what is wrong with England anymore and I sort of don't care.

I'm not buying this 'players aren't good enough'. I'd like to think we have a better team than the likes of Switzerland, Costa Rica, Colombia and we should be putting in better performances than we have done for the last 10 years. I think it's a mental thing, that and the sad fact Barkley is probably the first midfielder of that kind we've produced in 20 years.

Meh. Going to adopt Croatia and enjoy what is actually a pretty superb tourmanent so far.

Realistically Wales and England have pretty awful prospects of winning the World Cup...Welsh clubs already play in England...why not use Welsh players? Bale and Ramsey would walk right into the England midfield and would have made a massive impact this WC.

"Wangland"

:ph34r: