Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Jones is no rb though, don't know why he ever gets played there

surely Jones will play cb and Smalling rb... Glad Shaw is playing but too many changes for me. Don't want to end up with three defeats, that would be embarassing.

Jones is no rb though, don't know why he ever gets played there

surely Jones will play cb and Smalling rb... Glad Shaw is playing but too many changes for me. Don't want to end up with three defeats, that would be embarassing.

The graphic had jones rb, but agreed would have Smalling there

It is quite difficult to get the head around, Gerrard, Henderson, Johnson, Sturridge and Sterling all played regularly in the side that finished second in "the best league in the world" TM, Hart and Milner won the league, Cahill played a huge part in Chelsea's challenge, and Baines, Barkley, Lallana and Shaw have been lauded all season. They should be better than average players. Maybe the Premier League isn't as strong as it's made out to be.

Actually, should milner have been given more of a role?

These players are all good player for their respective teams but they are complimented by better players e.g. Suarez, Coutiniho.

Indeed, made to look good by those around them. 

Too much sentiment going on there for my liking. Yes there's a good reason to blood some of the youngsters, but the likes of Smalling and Jones are never, never going to be good enough to make the starting line up, so what's the point?

I think I'd rather we tried to win the game to be honest.

I can understand giving Lampard a game.

But Jones and Smalling etc can get bent. I don't really want to come home with zero points

• Like 1