Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Class performance from suarez, the difference was, we aint got no world class players and uruguay have. Hopefully by the euro's we will be a better unit, got some decent players but I don't think we'll ever win anything again until we sort our academys out. Suarez stole the show yet again, pure class.

Absolute bollocks IMO. Suarez was only class for a matter of seconds, the rest of the game was hardly good from Uruguay but England couldn't finish their dinner let alone enough chances to win the game.

suarez was superb tonight, two good goals and a constant threat. His all round performance tonight was brilliant, as for the rest of the uruguay teamn they are very average. Infact they were terrible at the back for most part, suarez and cavani are lethal. Cavani did not do a lot in terms of excitement but I think he played a decent game. Back to suarez, imo he played very well. I've seen him play a lot better but he was good tonight. A class player can turn it on whenever, and he did. Yes I'm a huge suarez fan.

Yes me too. What other player would just come back from a knee op and score two goals in a world cup game.

• Like 1

BTW for all those calling for John Terry to return...England conceded exactly the same goal from a long goal kick against Germany when Terry was playing.

Has a single person called for Terry returning though?

I know the size of a country doesn't equate to how good you should be but Uruguay have a population of 3m. Croatia 4m. They are able to produce far better technically gifted players that we are able to. How is this possible?

That works both ways though. The US have over 300 million people and they're no more than half decent. India and China have never even qualified for a World Cup and they have over a billion each.

China has, oi.

Completely forgot about 2002. Ok but my point still stands - they're pretty bad at football.

Had a quick look on RAWK, I thought surely they wouldn't even be THIS twattish to celebrate Suarez defeating their own country...

... they're celebrating

Really? Scum!

Makes me enjoy the fact they choked the title last season even more. 

Class performance from suarez, the difference was, we aint got no world class players and uruguay have. Hopefully by the euro's we will be a better unit, got some decent players but I don't think we'll ever win anything again until we sort our academys out. Suarez stole the show yet again, pure class.

Absolute bollocks IMO. Suarez was only class for a matter of seconds, the rest of the game was hardly good from Uruguay but England couldn't finish their dinner let alone enough chances to win the game.

suarez was superb tonight, two good goals and a constant threat. His all round performance tonight was brilliant, as for the rest of the uruguay teamn they are very average. Infact they were terrible at the back for most part, suarez and cavani are lethal. Cavani did not do a lot in terms of excitement but I think he played a decent game. Back to suarez, imo he played very well. I've seen him play a lot better but he was good tonight. A class player can turn it on whenever, and he did. Yes I'm a huge suarez fan.

Yes me too. What other player would just come back from a knee op and score two goals in a world cup game.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, he is, but that loss can't be put solely down to Suarez being good. England were very poor.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Ref has a reputation for being card happy. Look up his name. Notorious.

Could have sent Godin off and given numerous yellows to Uruguay. They just hacked us down all game.

Still we might have won. Barkley changed the game for us when he came on.

But after we scored the equaliser Rooney was all puffed up and dropped deep into midfield to "dominate" so Barkley hardly got another touch after that. Gerrard then gave Suarez chance to win it on a plate.

Surely having to sing 'god save our gracious queen...long to reign over us' puts you guys on a downer before you even begin. I'd be embarrassed. Try changing your national anthem.

On a more practical note, try teaching home grown kids to pass.

• Like 1

Had a quick look on RAWK, I thought surely they wouldn't even be THIS twattish to celebrate Suarez defeating their own country...

... they're celebrating

They are scouse though, they think its a nationality. Thick doesnt even begin to describe them.

Surely having to sing 'god save our gracious queen...long to reign over us' puts you guys on a downer before you even begin. I'd be embarrassed. Try changing your national anthem.

On a more practical note, try teaching home grown kids to pass.

They should be made to watch hours and hours of Luka Modric.

... they're celebrating

Saw them on other sites today "we're not English, we're scouse" and they wonder why people don't like them.

... they're celebrating

Most of them just seem to be continuing their hatred or Roy, and asking why they don't play liverpools formation which I completely agree with

Surely having to sing 'god save our gracious queen...long to reign over us' puts you guys on a downer before you even begin. I'd be embarrassed.

No, it doesn't and I'm not embarrassed in the slightest.

I was surprised at how very average uruguay were. I'm not to familiar with international football, but I thought they were better than that. Obviously they have a lethal strike force, but they are really dodgy at the back. Suarez wernt fully fit and I think near the end you could tell, it was only england after all though, so maybe I am bigging him up to much. I think they will prefer playing against italy's style of play.

Don't see the problem with people putting club before country to be honest.

The England team has plenty of scousers and Liverpool players. I put Villa way ahead of England but I still want England to succeed.