Roy Keane

TrentVilla

The MON allegation isn't about discipline at all, it's about fitness (and it's a while since I've made this point, but those gasping, wheezing, overweight players did get us sixth place three times in a row - oh golden days!)

At the risk of dragging the thread off-topic, how can you ignore the obvious fitness issues that were present under O'Neill? Yes they finished in the coveted 6th place several times but we also collapsed in March every season without fail because O'Neill couldn't rotate his squad (or build a squad for that matter). Even opposition players knew how to exploit this.
Ah yes, and how much better things are now.

Houllier disrespected the senior players and they disrespected him back

How did he disrespect the players out of interest? By asking them to train harder and move closer to Bodymoor Heath?
Apart from his chum Pires who was allowed a daily taxi to get him from his flat In the Emirates complex to BH.

Fair point.

The MON allegation isn't about discipline at all, it's about fitness (and it's a while since I've made this point, but those gasping, wheezing, overweight players did get us sixth place three times in a row - oh golden days!)

At the risk of dragging the thread off-topic, how can you ignore the obvious fitness issues that were present under O'Neill? Yes they finished in the coveted 6th place several times but we also collapsed in March every season without fail because O'Neill couldn't rotate his squad (or build a squad for that matter). Even opposition players knew how to exploit this.
Ah yes, and how much better things are now.

Where did I say things were better now? Just because things are much worse now doesn't mean criticisms of Saint Martin's record on fitness aren't valid.

Edited by Mantis

Word from the training ground is that a number of "senior players" had complained about his attitude and were blaming him for certain "issues" within the camp ..... but I have no idea what they are.

It definitely is NOT a move that has anything to do with Ireland ..... he was pushed !

Not true.

Very true actually !!!

We've got an ITK-off!  Grab a chair!   ;)

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Edited by Ghost

If the problem has been discipline, then getting in somebody like Keane would have been exactly the right thing to do. Help sort out the sooks and whingers and pull them into line. Not sure you can really beat up Lambert over that.

We are talking about the same Roy Keane who lost the dressing room at Sunderland. Being characteristically 'no-nonsense' doesn't in itself make you a good man-manager and/or disciplinarian.

Perhaps not. I'm not really a fan of Keane.

But, then, "discipline" is not a new problem at Villa either:

- MON pandered to players. Our fitness was laughable under him.

- Dunne and Collins (amongst others) under Houllier

- Rumours of "Poison in the dressing room" under McLeish

- Problems with Karsa and Culverhouse under Lambert

- Problems with discipline and Keane under Lambert

was going to post something similar even before MON, O'Leary had players against him with that letter. A lot of poison has been in the VIlla dressing room in recent years and needs a clearout of troublemakers.

The stories about a bust up seem much more likely, no matter what 'itk' stuff is spewed. Wonder where Lambert is while his assistants keep having issues with the players. The fact that it's the assistants that are being sacked and the players do not seem to be affected, at least that we know of, says a lot.

Villa's PR should have handled it better but it's to be expected as they seem so amateurish anyway. In any case, good riddance.  

was going to post something similar even before MON, O'Leary had players against him with that letter. A lot of poison has been in the VIlla dressing room in recent years and needs a clearout of troublemakers.

To be fair to Lambert, he did drop a lot of troublemakers out (unsurprisingly they were earning truckloads also). That action alone clears his first year results - he had to change a lot in a short period due to wage restrictions and poor attitudes.

• Like 1

Word from the training ground is that a number of "senior players" had complained about his attitude and were blaming him for certain "issues" within the camp ..... but I have no idea what they are.

It definitely is NOT a move that has anything to do with Ireland ..... he was pushed !

Not true.

Very true actually !!!

We've got an ITK-off!  Grab a chair!   ;)

What makes you so certain, Paul?

A contact on the inside and yes I know people hate hearing that and, to be honest, I would have just sat back and watched it all happen if it wasn't for the official BS about Ireland/family being rammed down people's throats.

Nothing against Keane - did a good job at first but always going to be a wrecking ball and bust ups are always sure to happen.

You could see from the freedom of performance in the first half on Saturday and the long overdue involvement of Grealish to see the impact of his departure !!!

The stories about a bust up seem much more likely

Why?

Because people like a good conspiracy especially when it is negative about the club,  it adds to the suggestion we are in chaos and is more likely to bring about a managerial change or help justify it.  Well thats my guess

The stories about a bust up seem much more likely

Why?
What was that about you saying I was lieing Stevo and Trentvilla??? Hahahaha

You going to put another Winnie the Pooh picture up Stevo??

Sorry, have I missed something?

Even if your story turns out to be true, it doesn't make what I posted any less true.

You have posted things in the past for effect. You've admitted that you've posted things for a reaction, and you do it on a fairly regular basis (on topic and off topic)

Trent is usually pretty close with his information.

So when given the choice between believing Trent, and believeing you, it's a pretty easy choice.

As it stands, nothing has come out to confirm either version, so I don't see why you're so amused

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Â