England v Peru

andykeenan

8pm ITV

Hopefully starts with some players who won't be in the 11 for first World Cup game but most likely get half an hour 2nd half

Could see the 11 that mght start v Italy

I'd like to see us try

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Gerrard

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Rooney Sturridge

I'd imagine that will be pretty close to the starting 11. Maybe Sterling instead of Wilshere in a 4-3-3

Edited by PaulC

I'd like to see us try

Hart

Gerrard

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Rooney Sturridge

That looks like a side that could actually win things. 

I would go:

Hart

Gerrard   Henderson

Lallana    Barkley       Sterling      

Sturridge

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

I'd like to see us try

Hart

Gerrard

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Rooney Sturridge

I'd go for this but as Stevo says Sterling behind Sturridge. If we are going to do anything in this tournament we need someone young to announce themselves on the world stage similar to Owen and I think Sterling is the only player with high enough potential to do that.

I would also give consideration to putting Barkley in that Wilshere spot.

• Like 1

I'd like to see us try

Hart

Gerrard

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Rooney Sturridge

Play that against Italy and we'll have no chance. Way to narrow to cause a threat as our midfielders are inept at retaining possession and creatively we are very average. We need to put more emphasis on using pace down the flanks imo.

I'd like to see us try

Hart

Gerrard

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Rooney Sturridge

Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

• Like 2

I'd like to see us try

Hart

Gerrard

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Rooney Sturridge

Play that against Italy and we'll have no chance. Way to narrow to cause a threat as our midfielders are inept at retaining possession and creatively we are very average. We need to put more emphasis on using pace down the flanks imo.

would probably stifle Pirlo though but might leave England prone down the flanks as I don't think defensively Johnson or Baines are good enough to handle rampaging wing backs on their own

I totally disagree.

We don't have good wingers.

Play narrow and let our pretty decent fullbacks provide the width.

agree with this, we dont have any proper wingers, we have midfielders and strikers that can play wide

from TRS-T's team, put lallana where wilshere is and stick sterling behind the front pair, that's as good as we'll get IMO

and then imagine 10 years back if we lined up with a similar formation with gerrard at the base of the diamond, beckham and lampard in the middle and then scholes up top, joe cole and hargreaves also in the squad, not sure why its taken us so long to move from 4-4-2, maybe because people were obsessed with beckham as a world class winger rather than just the great midfielder he became towards the end of his career? we'd have taken some beating with that midfield

Peru are not bringing their best players for some reason - Jefferson Farfan, Claudio Pizarro, Paolo Guerrero, Juan Manuel Vargas will all be missing.

think they are blooding youth, they know what these guys can do and they haven't really done much on world stage so time for a change. looking ahead to Copa America next year probably

Â