England v Peru

andykeenan

Let's not play the bloke who is on course yo break Charltons record, or the bloke who scored 20 goals for Liverpool last year, or even the bloke who is shit but in decent goals scoring form for England

Let's pick 3 players who have 4 caps between them and play them all in a role they are unfamiliar with..

To be honest I'd be happy for Ronney not to be in the squad, he is **** useless when it comes to major tournaments and I think we actually look better without him

I would keep the team as close to Southampton and Liverpool as possible using mostly their players. Specially in midfield.

Johnson - Cahill - Jags - Shaw

Henderson - Gerrard

Sturridge - Rooney - Lallana

Lambert

Something like that....

Maybe put Rooney up top and drop Lambert, put Sterling into midfield and put Lallana in the number 10 role... 

Edited by PieFacE

I really dislike Wellbeck, said it a million times but he lets himself down so much by trying little tricks. Whereas if he just did the simple thing he would probably be a better player for it.

No where near International quality though IMO (watch him score a hat trick now)

I would keep the team as close to Southampton and Liverpool as possible using mostly their players. Specially in midfield.

Johnson - Cahill - Jags - Shaw

Henderson - Gerrard

Sturridge - Rooney - Lallana

Lambert

Something like that....

Maybe put Rooney up top and drop Lambert, put Sterling into midfield and put Lallana in the number 10 role...

sturridge would be totally wasted if he was played there.

He needs to be up front or not on at all.

I really dislike Wellbeck, said it a million times but he lets himself down so much by trying little tricks. Whereas if he just did the simple thing he would probably be a better player for it.

No where near International quality though IMO (watch him score a hat trick now)

Don't like the fact he's starting ahead of Sterling. 

To be fair to wellbeck, he's the right kind of player to play on the same side as Baines.

Baines is the attacking threat down that side. Wellbeck is there to be a defensive attacker, if you like.

If you played Sterling there then we'd either have to rein Baines in or we'd be totally exposed down that side.

Wellbeck isn't amazing, but he's probably the best player we have to play that role. Arguably Milner could do it as well.

If Sterling was on the pitch of like to see him where Rooney is playing tonight

Â