Teacher is slain in front of her class!

John

Corpus Christi College in Leeds is “open as usual today”. But it sadly opened without 61 year old Anne Maguire this morning who had taught there for the past 41 years since leaving university to take up a career in teaching.

Anne Maguire was due to retire this year. But a well earned retirement was denied her by a 15 year old male pupil at around 11.45 yesterday.

Her assailant is said to have left his GCSE Spanish lesson having asked to do some printing. On his return he is reported to have walked up behind his victim in front of her class of 30 and ended her life by repeatedly stabbing her in the back and neck with a kitchen knife.

The 15 year old was held by a fellow teacher who had heard the screams coming from her class and by other staff who then helped detain him until the police arrived. Mrs Maguire was taken to hospital by paramedics but was declared dead on arrival.   

The accused was said to have held a grudge against the teacher following a series of arguments and a detention he had been given by her last week. He is said to have a history of depression and is described as being withdrawn. His Facebook page apparently lists no friends and features a pencil drawing of the grim reaper.

But what on earth could lead him to consider that he had any justification to even consider taking a life? What also leads to a situation where a survey carried out by the Teacher Support Network shows that 48% of teachers have either been assaulted or threatened by pupils?

Anne Maguire was not a soldier going to war yesterday morning. She was a teacher of RE, Music and Spanish who was expected to return home safely to her family as were those staff and pupils who left for school today. My thoughts are with her family at their time of loss.

• Like 2

A sad horrible event that while possibly could have been prevented there is always that miniscule percent of the human psyche that you just can't account for or apportion blame to after its happened, although I'm sure the media will find a scapegoat.

Tragic, needless loss of life.

Rip.

The Times quotes someone as having been told by him that he would "love for her to be dead". 

If every child who made this kind of comment about a teacher, parent, friend etc. was locked up there would be none left to teach.

• Like 3

Surprised this hasn't happened already, I felt like killing loads of my teachers

Classy that.

What a sad story, the kid obviously has severe issues and it's just a shame no one tried to help him sooner.

There was a teacher who was raped and stabbed to death by one of her students a few towns away from where I live. Happened last year. It was after school hours and she was tutoring him in mathematics. Helping the kid. And he does that to her. 

Edited by maqroll

There was a teacher who was raped and stabbed to death by one of her students a few towns away from where I live. Happened last year. It was after school hours and she was tutoring him in mathematics. Helping the kid. And he does that to her.

Ungrateful bastard.
  • Like 1

I had a private maths tutor when I was 13/14 and she had the most amazing tits.

I was completely transfixed by her and often had to wrestle with a difficult algebra problem while contending with a raging hard on. :)

Surprised this hasn't happened already, I felt like killing loads of my teachers

Classy that.

What a sad story, the kid obviously has severe issues and it's just a shame no one tried to help him sooner.

Maybe it was just an evil act from a complete word removed of a student. Why does he need to have 'issues' or have needed help. Sometimes people are evil, and they should rot in hell.

RIP Anne Maguire

• Like 2

Â