Weekends football 26/27 April

andykeenan

Bent reffing. No red and no penalty. Very harsh. Dowd is a disgusting word removed of a ref as we well know.

He seems to relish being the certain of attention. I hate Dowd's whole demeanour.

Bent reffing. No red and no penalty. Very harsh. Dowd is a disgusting word removed of a ref as we well know.

He seems to relish being the certain of attention. I hate Dowd's whole demeanour.

Too many English refs play 'Billy Big Balls' and must be centre of attention.

Jesus Christ...

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 10m

Phil Dowd got that spot on. If Refs did that more often then players wouldn't have to go down / dive to make the Refs decision easier.

A Sunderland win isn't the worst case scenario with what the other 3 are looking at. Our goal differences is another point effectively (as long as we dont get smashed at City).

As things stand and if we don't pick up another point:

Fulham have to win both games to go above us

Cardiff have to win both games to go above us

Norwich have to win one and draw one to go above us.

Sunderland have to win one and draw one to go above us.

With how things have gone this season and the unpredictability you never know but it seems unlikely. Shane Long actually might have saved us.

Ultimately it is in our own hands.. beat Hull and we're fine. Massive massive game next week and they way we are playing, I don't think we'll win. 

However, i still think we'll survive.. just

I think if we draw 1 of the remaining 3 we will be fine. But we won't beat Hull, what makes people think we will I don't know. Bruce will come and sit with 2 banks of 4 and use Longs pace against Baker on the counter. We simply can't play through teams.

Hope? Faith? Madness? Desperation? I'm all of them! I just think we cannot be continually bad as we have been.. law of averages states that the sun even shines on a dogs arse every now and again. 

Jesus Christ...

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 10m

Phil Dowd got that spot on. If Refs did that more often then players wouldn't have to go down / dive to make the Refs decision easier.

Sums up football now for me. It's no longer about if it's a foul or not. It's now about making it look like a foul.

But seeing as Owen was quite happy to "go down easily" I am not surprised at that comment 

Dowd got that right, waited a long time which is the only criticism. Foul started outside the box and continued into it, therefore well within his rights to give the penalty and clearly a sending off. He can't win because Wickham is clearly impeded and the 'keeper is on top of him by the time he regains balance, if he'd managed to score Cardiff avoid the double punishment.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Dowd and believe he is the worst ref in the division.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

Dowd got that right, waited a long time which is the only criticism. Foul started outside the box and continued into it, therefore well within his rights to give the penalty and clearly a sending off. He can't win because Wickham is clearly impeded and the 'keeper is on top of him by the time he regains balance, if he'd managed to score Cardiff avoid the double punishment.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Dowd and believe he is the worst ref in the division.

I agree with you and all the pundits, I think it was good refereeing.

Â