New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, maqroll said:

Agreed. Its too much empty space. 

Schoolboy design error. Never be afraid to let a design breathe. Filing space for the sake of it is amateur. How you allow space is as important of how you fill it in design.

• Like 1

IMO gold is a critical accent for Villa. If CAZOO was gold on the shirt and not white, the shirt would look so much better. The name and number on back should be gold too. Always. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Schoolboy design error. Never be afraid to let a design breathe. Filing space for the sake of it is amateur. How you allow space is as important of how you fill it in design.

I'd think that eschewing the addition of detail on empty space out of philosophical rigidity could also be perceived as amateurish. 

I went in to this thinking I’d vote whichever option wasn’t round, with my preference being no shield at all. 

However, I really don’t get on with the lamp one. The font doesn’t work for me, and just looks computer gamey. 

For balance, I don’t think the round one is anywhere near as good as what they could’ve done, either. 

The thing I liked most about our badge over the last 30 years is the lion being yellow. Looks so much better. 

Tl:dr Voted round. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'd think that eschewing the addition of detail on empty space out of philosophical rigidity could also be perceived as amateurish. 

I've been a designer for over 35 years son. So shut it! 😉

Love yer really @maqroll

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Tried to get as proper colours as possible. I have to say it does look loads better than the drab dark original.

Really hope people (that they will listen to) get on to the club about how “wrong” the colour on the redesigns is.

This is it, and just look how much better it looks (vastly).

NO PURPLE! NEVER!

I don't understand why I don't get a vote. Thought there was a mistake so kept trying.. but no, I just don't qualify

I've been to more matches than a lot of current season tickets and membership holders.

The poll is very interesting, how people who arent allowed to vote seem to all prefer the gaslamp, me included.

Would have been an interesting additional option to see a vote on the lion facing left rather right, just doesn't feel correct facing the wrong way. What was the reasoning behind changing it, or more importantly not allowing it to be voted on.

But what do I know, I'm not a proper fan according to the club as I am not allowed to vote

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I like the star personally. We earned it, it’s a little nod to the past and we can add a second star some day…

I like the idea of the star(it annoys fans of other teams that won in Europe who want similar) but they have it in the wrong place for me. It should be over the badge

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don’t know why y’all waste the time and energy on something that’s just going to add to your disappointment.

Thank Christ my wife doesn't have that mindset.

• Haha 3

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

If the gas-lamp one had this colourway, I'd be more inclined towards it.  As they stand, #2's the clear winner for me.

I can't vote though, so bloody stuff the lot of you if we wind up with #1.

• Haha 2

I definitely want us to still have a star on our badge, it shows we won the European Cup!

But I agree with those of you saying it would be better in a different place (e.g. above the lion or somewhere in the ring). I've often thought it looks like the lion is trying to catch it and might be angry with it, which is a bit strange and random.