New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Annoyed with myself because I voted quickly. When I first saw the badges the second one seemed far better. 

but the more I look at them the more I like the shield. More striking, stands out more, more unique. It’s not perfect but it’s grown on me massively already

I think they'll be a few like this.

I prefer the shield for its unique qualities.

I would imagine the round will win by at least 65-35.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Annoyed with myself because I voted quickly. When I first saw the badges the second one seemed far better. 

but the more I look at them the more I like the shield. More striking, stands out more, more unique. It’s not perfect but it’s grown on me massively already

Yea it’s starting to look better as time goes on. I particularly like the look of it in the image that has all of the PL badges, with the white background. However, I do keep filling in the lines though and imagine a giant cuboid that the lion is stood in… 

The first option, the gas lamp shape is miles better and close to being exactly what I'd want as a Crest just remove the small time star. 

Sadly the second one will win the vote by a landslide. It's okay, but round crests are dated now and wont last the test of time. 

• Like 1

Man, what a let down. They have somehow convinced me both are worst than the current one. The first one looks too PES for me or something you’d see on an MLS team. If they wanted a modern design, it should’ve been this one from the sweats kits and add 1874 by the side.

The second one wow what a shitshow. They have managed to take a round badge and made the worst design out of it. Its too simple, it looks very generic. The colours are all wrong. The Lion should stay gold and the claret and blue is the wrong shade still. They should add Football Club at the bottom and 1874 by the side like this fan-made one. This fan-made is almost perfect in my eyes. Just update and turn the lion the other way around and (maybe swap and tweak the claret and blue colours) its perfect. Anybody here able to do so? Would love to see how that would look like.

6C925F1F-52E7-4646-802C-37623C6224B6.jpeg

EE8DD483-A680-427C-A5A4-EE5B61CB8CDD.png

Edited by Shay

48 minutes ago, imavillan said:

We all new there would be polarised views. That was always going to happen and as @The Other Mat mentioned it was always going to be a problem with so many cooks.

As i've mentioned i'm underwhelmed by both of them, however, the more and more i look at them the more and more i'm leaning towards option 1

hold that bus @messi11 i'm coming aboard

the round one is too generic (currently 5 of them in the Prem).....or as @WallisFrizz has pointed out, looking in a mirror too similar to Chelski 

at least option 1 is different

i hope we don't join the circle club. But if we do i'll wear it with pride.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png 

spacer.png

If there are 5 that are round, doesn’t that mean there are loads more that are shield-shaped?  Tbh I don't really care but the shield one looks a bit naff.

19 minutes ago, Shay said:

Man, what a let down. They have somehow convinced me both are worst than the current one. The first one looks too PES for me or something you’d see on an MLS team. If they wanted a modern design, it should’ve been this one from the sweats kits and add 1874 by the side.

The second one wow what a shitshow. They have managed to take a round badge and made the worst design out of it. Its too simple, it looks very generic. The colours are all wrong. The Lion should stay gold and the claret and blue is the wrong shade still. They should add Football Club at the bottom and 1874 by the side like this fan-made one. This fan-made is almost perfect in my eyes. Just update and turn the lion the other way around and (maybe swap the claret and blue colours) its perfect. Anybody here able to do so? Would love to see how that would look like.

6C925F1F-52E7-4646-802C-37623C6224B6.jpeg

EE8DD483-A680-427C-A5A4-EE5B61CB8CDD.png

Found another fan made one that is absolutely beautiful. Can anybody make the lion face the other way?

510AB8F1-C29F-46C9-B85A-D17960CD68C7.jpeg

Edited by Shay

3 minutes ago, Shay said:

Found another fan made one that is absolutely beautiful.

510AB8F1-C29F-46C9-B85A-D17960CD68C7.jpeg

Perfect colour balance.

Great Font and balance in general.

As with the kits though 🤦🏿‍♂️

If.its to be round it should have been something like that.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Working in design, it can be annoying when clients want a hybrid of different options.

However in this case, would this not sort the issue? The things most fans want to see, without subjective shapes..

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 23.26.09.png

wow this looks way more modern.. I like this!

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perfect colour balance.

yes the claret on this is spot on too. Just looks modern and high quality overall!

2 hours ago, FLVillan said:

It's rare that I'm on the fence about anything, but I'd happily take either.  Option 1 is different and option 2 reminds me of my youth.  I actually like the idea of the lion facing the other way.... 

I can say that, since the 1970's there has been discussion of "why yellow" anywhere in our badge.  Our colours, back before internet days were always listed as claret, blue and white.  The yellow came in for the old round badge and has become more and more prominent down the years.  With no real foundation or reason either.  The fact that Wet Spam and Burnley have a lot of yellow in their badges tells me that there must be something in the graphic design world that says yellow is a good colour to put with claret and blue.  I'd rather see white lettering personally, but I understand why it would be a challenging mix with anything whit a white background (ie. paper and white away shirts). 

The yellow is found in the Birmingham coat of arms.

Villa's second badge (after Lion Rampant) reflected the heritage of the City.

1200px-Arms_of_Birmingham_svg.thumb.png.7123902672e7d071f55188c4e1449df2.png

Whilst we discuss the colour yellow for some reason I also really love this kit Villa had in 1990. Call me nostalgic...

1ecf5879937475176ecf5993362f3fbb--aston-villa-football-stuff.jpg.b30c52926b3390d209da9951d7d0c71f.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Working in design, it can be annoying when clients want a hybrid of different options.

However in this case, would this not sort the issue? The things most fans want to see, without subjective shapes..

That’s… lovely 👌

Still can’t get used to the lion facing that way but this is the best so far.

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perfect colour balance.

If.its to be round it should have been something like that.

It looks really smart but, upon further reflection, does it not look a bit “busy” and the text overpowers the lion…

41 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Sorry but I hate this.

• Like 2