New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

My Thoughts on the new Club Crests:

Option 1- Different, Progressive, Modern, A look to the Future.

Option 2- Traditional, Boring, Holding on to the Past. 

Modern vs Traditional its your decision 

Option 1 looks cack, there is nothing progressive or modern about that.  Looks like something from my early Sega/Amstrad days back in the 80’s.  It looks fairly cheap….when I first looked at it it reminded me of one of my old Scout badges.

Just now, Davkaus said:

You do paint yourself into the corner of something bland and unimaginative when your starting point is asking everyone what they want.

Coupled with the driving force being "has to look great on digital". This essentially guarantees a kind of minimalism in approach.

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Change is good! Option 1 is attractive to the masses outside of Lichfield, like those in America and Australia 

I lived in Australia for a long time and I have Australian Citizenship as well, I don’t agree

Option 1 looks like a MLS / pro-evo ‘new club’ badge. Claret badge on claret shirt will look bad.

Option 2 looks like a city group identi-kit badge and is very similar to the 5-6 clubs in league with round badges, especially Chelsea (which also has a lion)

Both are too simple. I would prefer more complexity. 

Voted round. 

Another thing, if i'm honest, I wanted more gold, if it were to be round, the outstanding option was the fan one designed on here.

However, fans overwhelmingly said " Needs to be more Claret and Blue " apparently.

For me, it's just made us look more like Burnley.

• Like 2

Like the second one more than the first one but wish they got rid of the star. Don't love either of them.

First one feels like they might as well get rid of the badge/lamp all together as it almost blends into the shirt anyway.

It's a nice thought truing to get the fans involved but it get's a bit everything and nothing when you try to please everyone. Kinda wish they'd just been confident and gone with what they actually wanted. For better or worse.

But then we'd all be complaining about that I guess.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another thing, if i'm honest, I wanted more gold, if it were to be round, the outstanding option was the fan one designed on here.

However, fans overwhelmingly said " Needs to be more Claret and Blue " apparently.

For me, it's just made us look more like Burnley.

The Burnley badge that has almost zero claret and loads of gold? :) 

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’ve been desperate for us to switch back to the circle badge for ages now, but having seen the other ideas focused on a gas lamp type shape, I’m tempted to go for that. However, option 1 looks a little odd, I think it’s the positioning of ‘Aston Villa’ - Feels a bit squished in? 

Im a big fan of switching the lion round. Forwards is how the lion was facing on our very first badge, and is how it should remain. I like the idea that it is ‘looking forwards’ - like we all should be now after years of disappointment. 

Option 2 looks clean. Very basic, but clean. I think the idea that we have played it safe is probably correct. I do like it though. Apart from that annoying bloody star. 

Id be happy with either to be honest. But I think option 2 will take it. 

Dont think there is anything wrong with the star to be honest mate. I quite like that

• Like 1

I would not be unhappy with either option if I'm honest. Both 1000% better than the current one. I will probably go with option 2, but still quite like the other one.

• Like 4