New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Something like this with AVFC or Aston Villa or something would be great.

Wonder what that would be like as a rubberised/textured golden yellow lion with white outline? 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, brommy said:

Good idea. A rampant lion doesn’t need a surrounding border or words. Simply show the lion’s 4 legs tattooed with Aston, Villa, 18 and 74. Possibly add an SOTC at the base of it’s tail.

Why even have 4 legs? Just a single lion’s leg with “AV” on it. 

It's clearly the lion to use, but I worry that this 'across all digital platforms' design brief will just force it to be a simplified/stylised version like Spurs' cock, Brentford's bee, Arsenal's cannon etc. 

I expect things like the mane, claws, thin tail, etc to be too intricate and will be adjusted in whichever lion they go for.

On 27/06/2022 at 09:43, MrBlack said:

League won't let us put it anywhere else other than the badge... Where do you think it should be?

Star above the badge or no star at all.

It's a bit embarrassing when you look at all the other clubs in England and what's been won since we last won anything meaningful and they aren't all trying to shoehorn a star into the design of their badge. 

Owners and Purslow said no parade for us getting up through the play offs and that we wouldn't make a big deal out of any season unless we'd won something, so the idea of designing a badge that has an icon in it to say "we won the European Cup 40+ years ago btw" doesn't seem very on brand. 

I've had fans comment on how we still bleat on about the European Cup. Living near Huddersfield they get flack for the 3 stars in their badge too. It's just an odd thing to incorporate when other teams who have achieved more in the same competition don't do anything to acknowledge it. 

In an ideal world it would be good to have it placed the same as Celtic have done, for accomplishing the same feat. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Star above the badge or no star at all.

It's a bit embarrassing when you look at all the other clubs in England and what's been won since we last won anything meaningful and they aren't all trying to shoehorn a star into the design of their badge. 

Owners and Purslow said no parade for us getting up through the play offs and that we wouldn't make a big deal out of any season unless we'd won something, so the idea of designing a badge that has an icon in it to say "we won the European Cup 40+ years ago btw" doesn't seem very on brand. 

I've had fans comment on how we still bleat on about the European Cup. Living near Huddersfield they get flack for the 3 stars in their badge too. It's just an odd thing to incorporate when other teams who have achieved more in the same competition don't do anything to acknowledge it. 

In an ideal world it would be good to have it placed the same as Celtic have done, for accomplishing the same feat. 

Fair enough. It would be very nice to even get in to the competition again in my lifetime, let alone win it. I think winning it at the time we did, before it became this competition that let's teams that finish 4th in,  meant more than it does now.

I don't think we'll drop the star now, but can't say I'm too fussed either way.

17 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Just found this interesting article about 'the round badge takeover'. They're happening everywhere!

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/8936986692016627397/

There's some nice attempts in there.

Wonder if we can take hints from Miami and have a circle with a shield inside. 

David-Beckham-Miami-logo_dezeen_sq.jpg

They are aesthetically pleasing, and most social media profile pictures etc, are presented in a circle.

35 minutes ago, May-Z said:

It's clearly the lion to use, but I worry that this 'across all digital platforms' design brief will just force it to be a simplified/stylised version like Spurs' cock, Brentford's bee, Arsenal's cannon etc. 

I expect things like the mane, claws, thin tail, etc to be too intricate and will be adjusted in whichever lion they go for.

more elaborate the better for me, it looks much more timeless.

lion-306905_1280.png
this one is as old as the club:

Aston-Villa-FC-1874-1886.jpg

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Very sloppily thrown together but you get the idea

avfc1.jpg

I like this although wouldn’t even bother with “prepared”. I take it from your second version that you can’t really squeeze “Aston Villa” above the badge?

Either way it’ll sadly never fly. Just isn’t digital age friendly And someone above made the great point that I didn’t even think of that circular works better for social media. Bleurgh. And I’m not even old, I just hate the direction everything about football has gone. 

Solihull moors have just changed theirs to a round badge to massive criticism. I think it was unexpected. 

Im really opposed to the round badge designs I have seen drawn up, people moan about identikit stadiums and Template kits. Yet we seem happy to go down a template badge route by the looks of it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

Solihull moors have just changed theirs to a round badge to massive criticism. I think it was unexpected. 

Im really opposed to the round badge designs I have seen drawn up, people moan about identikit stadiums and Template kits. Yet we seem happy to go down a template badge route by the looks of it. 

But it's not a template for us, we had it before it became a template.

Not that anyone else will know/care.

We'll be lumped in the category of teams with template badges if we do it though.

Meh