New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

'CRINGE' IS A VERB! STOP USING IT AS AN ADJECTIVE!! 

Sorry. 

Sorry. 

The badge. 

Yes. 

I have a feeling the Oxford dictionary will eventually disappoint you and add it as an adjective. See the definition of ‘literally’ now. It’s literally cringe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What, again? Whatever we will end up with will annoy either traditionalists or modernists. If it ends up being designed by committee it would probably look crap. Get a local graphics designer/artist on the case.

Nah. AI.

1260a664-f3f5-11ec-9fab-ca526ce0eb20.png

a few things a little off, but colours are spot on

Is there any historical significance between Aston Villa and chequers? they’ve appeared on a few recentish shirts and I see someone included them in a mock-up. Personally something I’d want to really avoid. 

7 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I never really got the “prepared” thing, seemed a bit too boy-scout for my liking, and why wouldn’t a professional team be prepared anyway? It never seemed that unique or inspiring or anything to me, although I get that it’s use goes back a long time in our history 

Yeah for me it's always been associated with the club historically - the old Trinity Road stand mosaics had it incorporated into the badge and that was built in the 1920's.... The fact that the stand was demolished didn't upset me as it was in need of an upgrade, but the fact that Ellis made no attempt to preserve the mosaic/facade just smacked of cheapness, in keeping with everything else that Ellis did.... 

2 hours ago, useless said:

This is the Lion of Lucerne in Switzerland, commemorating the Swiss Guards who were massacred in 1792 during the French Revolution...

the-lion-of-lucerne.jpg

Of it's surroundings Mark Twain said this:

'Around about are green trees and grass. The place is a sheltered, reposeful woodland nook, remote from noise and stir and confusion—and all this is fitting, for lions do die in such places, and not on granite pedestals in public squares fenced with fancy iron railings. The Lion of Lucerne would be impressive anywhere, but nowhere so impressive as where he is.'

Which is whay I think the best crest is the one where the lion isn't trapped inside a shield or circle, but is free to go where it wants like a free spirit, like the one on this illustration

aston-villa-home-football-shirt-1969-197

To me, those are our proper colours, dunno about anyone else. 

And that 'crest' is basically what I've proposed above, but with Aston above it and Villa below.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any examples of the type you would like mate?

Anything crazier and most fans probably won't go for it, same as with the kits. lol

I'm always open to experimentation and modernising.

I mean, i'm involved in edgy design myself!

I'm not sure, exactly. I mean, that badge is fine, I recognize it's quality. It is exactly what you might expect to see them announce. It's just a bit...safe. I really like the current Sheffield Wednesday crest. It's got an antique style to it without looking really old hat like our early 80s badge does, IMO.

• Like 1