$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Under the guise of someone buying us who has stupid wealth and willing to invest it I would like to see....

Ryan Bertrand, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams/Joleon Lescott, Ashley Young, James Milner, Mousa Dembele and Demba Ba come in.

The reason I have listed these players is they are all from the Premier League already so can hit the ground running and you don't go from where we are to buying Messi over night there are stepping stone players.

On top of this lower the ground add seats to all the stands and build the new North Stand.

From there we can become a mega club.

One can dream.

That's a fairly rubbish team. Richards Lescott Young

Jesus wept

Stepping stone players who are far better than what we have and not too pricey

That team's straight out of the Martin O'Neill transfer strategy book - premier league players in late twenties, huge wages, no resale value. Those guys would be after their last big contract. Would much prefer to get them on the way up rather than the way down. Hungrier players whose values will enhance with good performances. Am happy with the Lambert transfer strategy as long as the fees and wages are increased so we can go for the much better up and coming European players that are on FIFA!

• Like 2

Whilst this is exciting as hell, i want to be put out of my misery because the chances of it being worth over a few billion are relatively slim and certainly not the norm.

Why we are speculating such high net worth individuals i'm not really sure

Carlos Slim? 

Under the guise of someone buying us who has stupid wealth and willing to invest it I would like to see....

Ryan Bertrand, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams/Joleon Lescott, Ashley Young, James Milner, Mousa Dembele and Demba Ba come in.

The reason I have listed these players is they are all from the Premier League already so can hit the ground running and you don't go from where we are to buying Messi over night there are stepping stone players.

On top of this lower the ground add seats to all the stands and build the new North Stand.

From there we can become a mega club.

One can dream.

That's a fairly rubbish team. Richards Lescott Young

Jesus wept

Stepping stone players who are far better than what we have and not too pricey

That team's straight out of the Martin O'Neill transfer strategy book - premier league players in late twenties, huge wages, no resale value. Those guys would be after their last big contract. Would much prefer to get them on the way up rather than the way down. Hungrier players whose values will enhance with good performances. Am happy with the Lambert transfer strategy as long as the fees and wages are increased so we can go for the much better up and coming European players that are on FIFA!

Don't really want any of the players listed there except for Milner and he is currently getting a lot of game time at City so I can't imagine him wanting to move.  I agree that this is a list from the final years of the MON era. We need to look at the type of player MON was too scared to look at like the Falcao's of the world when he was at River Plate and the Benteke's supplemented with some young hungry players like Holtby or Mutch from Cardiff. We don't want to assemble a new bomb squad in year 1 of a new administration.

That team's straight out of the Martin O'Neill transfer strategy book 

Whacko - back to top 6 finishes, then!

MON side was based on Milner, Young, Downing, Barry and Gabby. These are not the bunch of wasters (expect Milner of course) that Suttonpaul has suggested they are more like MON's mistakes/panic buys!

Whilst this is exciting as hell, i want to be put out of my misery because the chances of it being worth over a few billion are relatively slim and certainly not the norm.

Why we are speculating such high net worth individuals i'm not really sure

Carlos Slim? 

He already owns a club in mexico too

I keep seeing Richards and Lescott being mentioned as buys, I am very sceptical of buying such players. They would be a massive gamble for a club with a budget like ours, as neither have played regularly over the last few seasons whilst earning very good money. Having had our fingers burnt a couple of times in recent years by buying Manchester City cast offs, I am definitly thinking twice about those two. I would question whether the lack of competitive football has left them as a shadow of the players they once were? Combined with the money in the bank after picking up hefty salaries, they may also not have the hunger to get back to where they had been. Even with a takeover this summer, and a major investment of funds, I would be unwilling to waste our funds on buying them. Too risky for my liking. 

• Like 1

Without knowing what kind of transfer budget we would have it's hard to judge what calibre of player we should be loooking at.

I'd take Barry back, and maybe one of other player from the Premier League (Ashley Young maybe?)

Certainly wouldn't want Man City rejects like Micah Richards, we've had too many of those in the past. 

Certainly wouldn't want Man City rejects like Micah Richards, we've had too many of those in the past. 

Don't they want to keep him though? He wants to leave to play more football.

I imagine the only reason they want to keep him is because he's a homegrown player. 

Do people realise that if we get taken over it doesn’t automatically mean they’ll spend anymore than Lerner?

I suppose as the vast minority of people just want the club run properly that will be the most important thing anyway...

You would imagine they would though. Why spend £200m on a club to run it at the bare minimum? It's just not logical. 

My only concern with Richards is that he always seems to get a lengthy injury. We've had them to Vlaar and Okore in recent seasons and I wouldn't want to buy a player who potentially will be out.

I think he is a great player when fit though.

Onto the takeover, I see AEG mentioned a few pages back and how they are involved in entertainment and venues. I was having a conversation with my Dad over the weekend, and we were speaking hypothetically about the sale of the NEC and Villa. How would people feel if as part of the takeover, the NEC was bought up and new 60000+ stadium was built on the NEC. Our discussion was based on the fact that it wouldn't appeal to traditionalists, but may go some way to getting us around the FFP rules, and making us a force in football again. How would people feel about that? Part of me would feel sad at losing Villa Park, but on the other hand I don't see too many Man City fans upset at not playing at Maine Road anymore. I know Doug used to talk about putting a national stadium there when Wembley was up for rebuilding. It kind of makes sense in a way, but then I am not a brummy like most of you guys on here so it would understandably be more of a bigger thing for you. I think if they build it, play a decent team there, we could see some major crowds and a chance of success again. I will probably get lambasted for this, but I think it could work out and make us a competitive force again.

• Like 1

Do people realise that if we get taken over it doesn’t automatically mean they’ll spend anymore than Lerner?

I suppose as the vast minority of people just want the club run properly that will be the most important thing anyway...

I think the new owner will invest more than Lerner has over the past few seasons.  :)

Onto the takeover, I see AEG mentioned a few pages back and how they are involved in entertainment and venues. I was having a conversation with my Dad over the weekend, and we were speaking hypothetically about the sale of the NEC and Villa. How would people feel if as part of the takeover, the NEC was bought up and new 60000+ stadium was built on the NEC. Our discussion was based on the fact that it wouldn't appeal to traditionalists, but may go some way to getting us around the FFP rules, and making us a force in football again. How would people feel about that? Part of me would feel sad at losing Villa Park, but on the other hand I don't see too many Man City fans upset at not playing at Maine Road anymore. I know Doug used to talk about putting a national stadium there when Wembley was up for rebuilding. It kind of makes sense in a way, but then I am not a brummy like most of you guys on here so it would understandably be more of a bigger thing for you. I think if they build it, play a decent team there, we could see some major crowds and a chance of success again. I will probably get lambasted for this, but I think it could work out and make us a competitive force again.

I wouldn't like to lose Villa Park to be honest. I'd rather Villa Park got developed. 

This. Just fullfill Villa Park´s 42k capacity in every game and then should start the dialogue about redeveloping Villa Park with fans and investors.