$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I still have my doubt to whether we are even getting taken over tbh. Id expect Lerners statement to simply say that he is planning to sell the club but had no offers or is reviewing interested parties. Think this summer could be a long one. It's crucial that if this happens it is done sharpish because our team needs investment.

Theres no way i would ever want Villa to move to the NEC as its away from the clubs roots and on the edge of the city but there's a huge difference in revenue between a new 55,000 stadium there with all the infastructure you could build similar to what Man City are doing and simply redeveloping Villa Park to 55,000

Like i said though, i would never want Villa to move as far away as the NEC, a new stadium on the site close to the new HS2 terminal as mentioned in other threads before however i would be in favour of as it could be the difference in taking our club to the next level and helping us compete with the elite clubs

I still have my doubt to whether we are even getting taken over tbh. Id expect Lerners statement to simply say that he is planning to sell the club but had no offers or is reviewing interested parties. Think this summer could be a long one. It's crucial that if this happens it is done sharpish because our team needs investment.

I agree. How many years have Everton been 'up for sale'? I think it very unlikely that it's going to be so quick and easy to find someone to buy out Lerner.

Edited by Davkaus

I agree. How many years have Everton been 'up for sale'? I think it very unlikely that it's going to be so quick and easy to find someone to buy out Lerner.

Everton's problem is the ground issue, alot of potential new owners do not want to fork out multi-millions on a new stadium.

• Like 1

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Villa park is one of the most famous grounds in world football.

Let's keep it that way.

Yeah - at one point we had the biggest goal side stand in Europe - holding in excess of 28,000 fans (the famous holte end). We had that magnificent Trinity Road stand with that imposing exterior (demolished by that ********). many opposing fans would walk down Trinity road and admire it and Villa Park and comment as such - one of true great stadiums. Sir Alex always commented that Villa Park is a grand old traditional stadium - reflecting on our greatness (as did other managers past and present not just Villa ones but opposing ones too). Leave it alone just change the name of one particular  stand back to what it really is - THE WITTON LANE

• Like 3

The lerner approach is the best one? There have been 2 approaches from lerner.

1) spending amounts that can't be sustained with little thought for the future.

2) drastic cost cutting, gambling with survival till the club is sold.

I'm curious as to which one of those is the best option.

Option 1 was the right option, but the wrong manager. The spending wouldn't have been unsustainable with a decent transfer policy that didn't amount to overpaying limited footballers the manager got playing at 110% consistently Edited by P3te

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Villa park is one of the most famous grounds in world football.

Let's keep it that way.

I agree we cannot fill VP as it is at the moment and there is still room to expand. Having a 60,000 seater at the NEC with 35,000 people in it is a bit ambitious yet.

Sorry for maybe dumb question, but what is NEC?

National Exhibition Centre.

It's a series of large halls in Solihull owned by Birmingham City Council who need to sell it to pay compensation to it female staff as they were paid less than their male counterparts for years.

If Ellison buys us can we have the Larry Ellison Stand instead? :P

No! Ego's must be left at the gate!

Didn't he used to be our centre half????

• Like 2

I am sorry but I cannot see Larry Ellison buying us.  We are Aston Villa, these things do not happen to us.  The last time we got bought by a billionaire everyone else suddenly became even more richer.

• Like 2