$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The lerner approach is the best one? There have been 2 approaches from lerner.

1) spending amounts that can't be sustained with little thought for the future.

2) drastic cost cutting, gambling with survival till the club is sold.

I'm curious as to which one of those is the best option.

Or rather - Which was the most necessary?

Well 2) was needed thanks to 1) and a complete lack of interest in the club.

I don't think either are the right for the future.

You missed the third option of getting the books balanced so the club can move forward sustainably under the current ownership which is the one they are referring to.

Which is a complete pipe dream the last few fans who continually defend Lerner hang their hopes on. Its not true.

The lerner approach is the best one? There have been 2 approaches from lerner.

1) spending amounts that can't be sustained with little thought for the future.

2) drastic cost cutting, gambling with survival till the club is sold.

I'm curious as to which one of those is the best option.

Or rather - Which was the most necessary?

Well 2) was needed thanks to 1) and a complete lack of interest in the club.

I don't think either are the right for the future.

(That is because these are both your suggested options.)

You missed the third option of getting the books balanced so the club can move forward sustainably under the current ownership which is the one they are referring to.

Which is a complete pipe dream the last few fans who continually defend Lerner hang their hopes on. Its not true.

& option 3 is suggested by a poster who seems more judicious in his approach & without an axe to grind.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

Howard Hodgson has posted on TBAR that his 'latest intel seems convinced it's Ellison'.

which Ellison ?  Sorry not been paying attention to this thread

Jennifer the scouse bird from Brookside and many reality shows!!

cool she's a half decent cook too

Apparently Anschutz pulled the sale of AEG because it became 'public'. He seems to be the most plausible rumour atm

I would bet good money that Hodgson on TBAR is not Hodgson at all

I think it is him but not sure if he'd really know what goes on close to Lerner though.

Howard Hodgson has posted on TBAR that his 'latest intel seems convinced it's Ellison'.

Larry Ellison but I don't think the rumours are based in any reality but then again all the other names being mentioned are just guess work I guess.

Jennifer the scouse bird from Brookside and many reality shows!!

cool she's a half decent cook too

Does she do a half decent chicken and mushroom pie? That will win over  three quarters of the fan base day one and out perform PF.

(That is because these are both your suggested options.)

So what have been the approaches to running a football club Lerner has taken?

PM Randy & see if he responds to enlighten you. He's very reticent & humble normally, but he may make an exception just for you.

Edited by villa-revolution

Haha so you can't answer. I don't need randy to tell me its pretty obvious how he ran things under MON and its pretty obvious how he's run things since.

So Randy blocked you then. ;)

You're assuming that Lerner knows how to turn a computer on without getting his sock puppet Faulkner to do it for him.

Haha so you can't answer. I don't need randy to tell me its pretty obvious how he ran things under MON and its pretty obvious how he's run things since.

So Randy blocked you then. ;)

You're assuming that Lerner knows how to turn a computer on without getting his sock puppet Faulkner to do it for him.

& he blocked you too. ;)

North Stand & Doug Ellis could both be revamped, extended, doug ellis similar to trinity, over the road, my estimate would be around 55-60k no need at all for a new stadium, which is why were prime for a takeover compared to others. 

Never heard of this stand called the Doug Ellis - As far as I know - there is the HOLTE END, THE WITTON END, THE WITTON LANE AND TRINITY ROAD. Always has been - always will be (to me at least)

• Like 3

North Stand & Doug Ellis could both be revamped, extended, doug ellis similar to trinity, over the road, my estimate would be around 55-60k no need at all for a new stadium, which is why were prime for a takeover compared to others. 

Never heard of this stand called the Doug Ellis - As far as I know - there is the HOLTE END, THE WITTON END, THE WITTON LANE AND TRINITY ROAD. Always has been - always will be (to me at least)

And there has been THE END of Doug Ellis. Hurray! :)

• Like 3

And there has been THE END of Doug Ellis. Hurray! :)

And praise McGrath for that! 

• Like 1