$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I am sorry but I cannot see Larry Ellison buying us.  We are Aston Villa, these things do not happen to us.  The last time we got bought by a billionaire everyone else suddenly became even more richer.

Yeah we're a cursed club. We have the worst luck in the world and everything bad always happens to us. How terrible it is to be a fan of this club - I cannot think of another set of supporters who have been through worse.

Theres no way i would ever want Villa to move to the NEC as its away from the clubs roots and on the edge of the city but there's a huge difference in revenue between a new 55,000 stadium there with all the infastructure you could build similar to what Man City are doing and simply redeveloping Villa Park to 55,000

Like i said though, i would never want Villa to move as far away as the NEC, a new stadium on the site close to the new HS2 terminal as mentioned in other threads before however i would be in favour of as it could be the difference in taking our club to the next level and helping us compete with the elite clubs

Depends really, from corporate stuff it would be right to move but being realistic when you can add 20000 seats to your current ground it kind of says what's the point.

I am sorry but I cannot see Larry Ellison buying us.  We are Aston Villa, these things do not happen to us.  The last time we got bought by a billionaire everyone else suddenly became even more richer.

Yeah we're a cursed club. We have the worst luck in the world and everything bad always happens to us. How terrible it is to be a fan of this club - I cannot think of another set of supporters who have been through worse.

Exactly. Glad you agree. 

I think it's that we are nearly club so often! We get a billionaire and Man City get one worth 10 x him. In my time of attending games on my own from the age of 12 we have nearly won the title twice nearly won the FA Cup. Buying Cascarino instead of Sheringham Bruce scoring in Fergie time little things that had massive affects. Hopefully now is our time to get lucky.

Ps I don't care how unlucky or cursed other clubs are it's all about the Villa

I'm sure i read somewhere that Ellison only has access to about 5% of his wealth anyway the rest is tied up charity trusts or something.

Doesn't he have $4 billion lying around for when he feels like buying something.

Ellison is giving away 95% of his wealth at the time of his death so he isn't a pauper billionaire.

He is a man however who has well over 90% of his wealth tied up in Oracle stock.

• Like 1

I've no idea looks as though he's trying to buy The Clippers though.

Buy them as well and change the name to LA Villa, charge them £100m to use the name and we have that as input into the team around FFP ;)

• Like 1

Someone on another forum is claiming that that is what the AEG guy wants to do buy us and then have mini Aston VIlla's around the globe, in a similar way to how there are different Red Bull teams.

Someone on another forum is claiming that that is what the AEG guy wants to do buy us and then have mini Aston VIlla's around the globe, in a similar way to how there are different Red Bull teams.

I think city are doing something similar. I'd be very happy if that were the case for us. Be nice to get the global market. Slightly off target, but was in Birmingham airport the other day and they selling Chelsea an Man Utd items, really riled me, they should be selling stuff only from midlands teams, to gain international recognition

• Like 1

Well there is already one mini Villa in America. Pacesetter Villa wear the official kit.

Although they don't seem to have done much since last year.

Edited by packoman
  • Like 2

The modern day William McGregor.  ;)

• Like 1

The modern day William McGregor.  ;)

Ooh, we've got all AEG stuff in the kitchen, it'd be like a little shrine to the Villa!

• Like 4

Hahaha some windup merchant on SHA saying Anschutz is buying us and moving us to the NEC grounds (which he owns).Erm...

Except he doesn't own the NEC grounds at all. Same as the bollocks about him owning the O2. AEG have/own the long term LEASE on the O2 but it is not OWNED by them. The government and developers want their dollar off this.

My brother works for the NEC Group and I knew of the sell off months before it went public. The public price is not the asking price for the NEC (which sales wise inc. the NIA, ICC and Rep). I can see AEG interested though. Though Genting have a massive stake in the development going on atm at the NEC along with Qatari funding.

Edited by stewiek2

Well there is already one mini Villa in America. Pacesetter Villa wear the official kit.

Although they don't seem to have done much since last year.

Wow they really are mini Villa if they've done not much lately ;)

• Like 2

So Man City look to have received FFP sanctions:-

£50 million fine.

Limited to 21 players in the Champions League, as opposed to 25.

A wage bill cap (should not exceed previous CL seasons wage bill).

Given were currently in breach of FFP ourselves yet still near the bottom of the league I'd have to question the feasibility of a big money man coming in and spending loads of cash.

The Premier League Financial Fair Play cycle is now in play too.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

I think we need to stop dreaming of big money owners and instead dream of doing an Atletico or Dortmund. 

Edited by supernova26