$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It wouldn't surprise me if Trees has gone rogue so to not scupper any potential deal. Remember the whole OGS saga, we only knew something about that due to Trees, and I remember him saying at the time that he was going to give it a rest aster that so he didn't scupper any potential deal. Just sayin'

Or could it be that Thr Trees might be on holiday himself so we are without his usual eyes on the tarmac at BHX? I look forward to any news when/if he is free to provide it without risking a potential deal or his post.     

• Like 2

The trees was commenting and reporting on supposed american planes in relation to villa. Why wouldnt he report on these ones?

Clutching at straws again lads.

But nice theory nonetheless…

yep I can't quite believe what I am reading - its as if we are using no evidence - as evidence !

Even Abdul himself wasn't convinced that Al Baltan will end up buying villa - ("A price agreed - but still might not happen") was something like how it went - So if the ITK is only lukewarm, Id suggest we move on from this one.

It's hard to gage how desperate a person is just from their posts on here maybe they're just having a bit of fun.  I sometimes find the negative posts desperate it almost seems they want people to tell them everything will be okay.

Noone will ever buy this club ever again. We will be relegated continuously until we drop out of English Football. We will be so bad they may enter us in the Scottish second division for laughs.

Or someone will buy is if we are patient enough :)

Or could it be that Thr Trees might be on holiday himself so we are without his usual eyes on the tarmac at BHX? I look forward to any news when/if he is free to provide it without risking a potential deal or his post.     

I echo John's wisdom. The Trees will crack this mystery once and for all.

Even Abdul himself wasn't convinced that Al Baltan will end up buying villa - ("A price agreed - but still might not happen") was something like how it went - So if the ITK is only lukewarm, Id suggest we move on from this one.

As I have said, I think any leaks on this will come from the buying side, not the selling side. Lerner does not have to keep the Villa staff (except maybe some very key people on a need to know basis) in the loop on what's going in. He will probably be discussing a sale with people who's job it is to look after Lerner's business, not people who's job it is to look after the club's business.

So the usual ITK-people on normal club matters, might not be ITK on this one. As their sources are not kept informed.

The sale of the club would in the initial stages be done through intermediates. Like BOA/ML handles this on behalf of Lerner, it's logical that also a buyer gets someone who can represent him. That could be people he use when buying other companies, or it could be someone independent, just hired on this occasion. They might be foreign and might not have any real interest in football or this club.

What I'm thinking is that maybe, just maybe, Abdul's sources are such intermediates, doing the job on behalf of some arabs. They are doing the negotiations on behalf of someone else, can negotiate a deal and then present it to the people they are acting on behalf of. They have no real knowledge of how this proposed deal would be received by the people they are acting on behalf of, and are of course not if the deal that have been negotiated with BOA/ML will be accepted by Lerner eventually.

These intermediates, especially if they are foreign, would not be feeding the normal ITK's with information. But people in their own country, like Abdul, could get some information.

So assuming you live in Saudi and have a friend that is a business lawyer, currently involved in a process where one of his clients are considering buying a PL club, you might get some stories. You don't get the whole picture, you have no real knowledge about the chances of the deal coming through and things like that. But you might get told things like: "Sheik this or that is considering buying AVFC, we are done on the price discussion and are now looking into something else". Which is then posted here, 

• Like 3