$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Howard Hodgson has said something along the lines on TBAR that a British consortium are interested in buying a 51% stake in the club if they're allowed to pay in installments, that doesn't sound too promising but he also says that there are other interested parties from around the globe wanting to purchase the whole club but nothing finalised yet.

Apparently he met with Faulkner who isn't involved with the sales process and has just been told to carry on as if everything is normal.

• Like 1

Howard Hodgson has said something along the lines on TBAR that a British consortium are interested in buying a 51% stake in the club if they're allowed to pay in installments, that doesn't sound too promising but he also says that there are other interested parties from around the globe wanting to purchase the whole club but nothing finalised yet.

Apparently he met with Faulkner who isn't involved with the sales process and has just been told to carry on as if everything is normal.

British consortium paying installments... sounds awful.

• Like 1

Yup.  I must say though that we have two parties working for AVFC looking for a sale - BOA and KH.  According to PF BOA are pretty much the main player in finding a buyer/selling the club.  The info about the British consortium has come from KH directly.  BOA may have other interested parties keen including Al-baltan. 

• Like 1

British consortium paying installments... sounds awful.

If what has been said about them wanting to buy only a 51% stake in the club is true then I doubt we have much to worry about. I imagine we can probably file these guys next to the Neville guy and Ray Ranson.

Edited by useless

You know nothing, Howard Hodgson.

• Like 2

I thought him and PF had fell out over his 'Letter to Randy' episode?

No wonder Lerner rejected them only wanting half the shares and total control no doubt HDE part deux?

I thought him and PF had fell out over his 'Letter to Randy' episode?

No wonder Lerner rejected them only wanting half the shares and total control no doubt HDE part deux?

Yup they kissed and made up.  The dinner was a clear the air, get the relationship back on track kind of deal.

Apparently they got talking again over Faulkner's sponsored abseil that he's doing at Villa Park.

I suppose we haven't learned much just nice to have another person saying that there is interest the British interest doesn't sound too promising but the global interest could be.

as soon as you hear the words 'British...' prefixing anything in football ownership you immediately feel disappointed

Well people like Bill kenwright haven't been terrible at Everton to be fair.

depends which everton fans you speak to, i know a fair few who think he's holding them back and the "up for sale but cant find a buyer because we need a new ground" is all just smoke and mirrors, he's got no intention of selling

I will match that offer if I can pay it off installments.

500 pages and this is still the kind of guff we have to speculate on.