$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Does anybody still honestly believe we will be sold this summer?

Sensibly Lerner must know if he stays he will own a championship club inside the next 2 years - so if he gets a reasonable offer - I think he would flexible on price. But thats how I see it, - Lerner thought Houllier, Mcleish were decent managers for us - so who knows what goes on in his mind.

Pretty sure we will start the season with Lerner in charge - if we flounder towards the bottom, then no buyer will come near us until we have secured of premier league status for another season. My thoughts are that if we haven't been taken over by October - it will be summer 2015 before anyone makes a move.

The longer it drags on - the longer I think it will be a uk based consortium...

Anyone heard the latest rumour?  A few people on Twitter reckon it might be Monty Brewster.

He's another American guy with a history of owning sports teams, and apparently he spends money like it's going out of fashion.  Not sure how good he'd be with football but it sounds like he's a popular guy.  He's dabbled with politics too so he's probably well connected.

You got me, I actually googled it! :blush:

• Like 2

55% - 45% voting on a 4 man board. Sure...

Do they not vote on behalf of the shares they are representing? 

They would if they were voting at a shareholders meeting but at a board meeting it is (usually) 1 vote per member of the board (but it would depend on what the Articles of Association say). In any event, Randy could just call a shareholders meeting and just pass everything.

Does anybody still honestly believe we will be sold this summer?

I think so, Even if I didn't hear of Al-Baltan thing, I know that the club doesn't announce thing unless they're sure about.

I think it's just finalizing papers and finishing everything, I'm not sure how long it takes exactly.

• Like 1

10/10 in this thread Abdul. Doing it the right way, not claiming anything to be more than info you've heard and not making a song and dance about it. That's the way it should be done sir. Much appreciated

Thanks, Something which I haven't seen by my eyes, not finalized yet, not knowing more details or having more details which I couldn't say won't make me encourage to claim anything.

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 49m

As far as I am aware what @ChrisBarnes2610 has tweeted is accurate after speaking with him so give the guy a break. #avfc

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 43m

I just believe who the person his mate is has been in for us.. The rest I know nothing about

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 41m

The person he is referring to is real that is all I know for sure..

Meh, still don't believe em.

I really don't care what Hodgson thinks.

I was thinking of talking little bit about Al-Shabab club from what I know (because my team which I support have relegated the season before the last). Anyway, Al-Shabab is one of the most successful team here in Saudi, yet it lacks fans. I'd say more than 80-90% of the fans are between (Al-Hilal, Al-Ittihad, Al-Nassr and Al-Ahli). I think Al-Shabab fans won't be more than 1-2%. Yet they're the third successful team in the last couple of years, And they've began collecting trophies since the ninetees I think. Anyway, those days they were collecting trophies they've been something like Arsenal or Spurs, strong team but they're forced to sell their best players. When Khaled Al-Baltan came, They've started collecting more trophies (Like their old days) but without selling player, They started also buying from the top teams. Until maybe last year when he was thinking of leaving I think he hasn't signed some new deals with player, Yet he got couple of signings too. He likes challenging, and he's confident and like to success. I'm not sure if he's coming here for a challenge or business in the first place. But might be combined together.

Sometimes I fear because he doesn't have the experienced out there and I'm not sure about his money, The other time I feel he won't take a step to fail.

Anyway we have nothing but to wait and see how things will go exactly.

• Like 2

I was thinking of talking little bit about Al-Shabab club from what I know (because my team which I support have relegated the season before the last). Anyway, Al-Shabab is one of the most successful team here in Saudi, yet it lacks fans. I'd say more than 80-90% of the fans are between (Al-Hilal, Al-Ittihad, Al-Nassr and Al-Ahli). I think Al-Shabab fans won't be more than 1-2%. Yet they're the third successful team in the last couple of years, And they've began collecting trophies since the ninetees I think. Anyway, those days they were collecting trophies they've been something like Arsenal or Spurs, strong team but they're forced to sell their best players. When Khaled Al-Baltan came, They've started collecting more trophies (Like their old days) but without selling player, They started also buying from the top teams. Until maybe last year when he was thinking of leaving I think he hasn't signed some new deals with player, Yet he got couple of signings too. He likes challenging, and he's confident and like to success. I'm not sure if he's coming here for a challenge or business in the first place. But might be combined together.

Sometimes I fear because he doesn't have the experienced out there and I'm not sure about his money, The other time I feel he won't take a step to fail.

Where are the doughnut puns in that?!  Rubbish....

• Like 1

Any idea on how much he's/his partners are worth? When you say you're unsure about his money, do you mean his financial power to fully back us and push us on?