$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If the club goes for 150 Million then It could be that that was the price all along and not the 200 Million that's been reported. I doubt Randy would just knock off 25% just like that.

If the club goes for 150 Million then It could be that that was the price all along and not the 200 Million that's been reported. I doubt Randy would just knock off 25% just like that.

It was probably just Randy being prepared to haggle. 150 is probably his minimum. 

And the potential buyer's maximum? 

It was probably just Randy being prepared to haggle. 150 is probably his minimum. 

And the potential buyer's maximum? 

Not an expert, but It would depend on how much money they actually have. Maybe 175. 

A soccer club doesn't strike me as an investment as much as it does a money pit.

Once you get to a certain level of rich those are the same thing.
Sadly, I don't know whether that's true or not. I suspect not.

A money pit is just about the best possible way to offset tax liabilities.

• Like 1

A soccer club doesn't strike me as an investment as much as it does a money pit.

Once you get to a certain level of rich those are the same thing.
Sadly, I don't know whether that's true or not. I suspect not.

A money pit is just about the best possible way to offset tax liabilities.

Probably one of the main reasons that Red Bull plough so much money into sports.

If 150m is his minimum and he's just offered it to someone, he's not a very good haggler.

What's his background abdulaziz? A quick google hasn't told me a great deal.

I'd say he's an ok business man. I don't know if he's more than 1 or 2b pounds, Could be more or less (His wealth is unknown but he's known by one of the most people who have money in sporting here in Saudi). I'm not sure what his plannings exactly I'm still trying to figure, But I think he's knowing what he's doing,Although I'm only afraid wether he'll deal well in the European leagues or not because it's totally different than here. He seems to have couple of partners so that might make me more comfortable. Because I think it's very hard for him to spend a lot only by himself.

I had a call today, There is a good chance that Khaled Al-Baltan is in the last stages of negotiations. Him with some partners. That's what I heard from a very very good source.

Thanks Abdul, fingers crossed, can you think of any reasons why he would be interested in the first place? Besides enjoying football I mean, e.g. Man City owners own the Etihad group and wanted to use the club to further promote their brands.

No problem mate. I'm not sure but I think he likes to take challenges and he found the Saudi league still needing some improvements, I also heard he owns a house in Birmingham (although I'm not sure about this one because the guy who told me doesn't know England very well nor English so could easily make an easy mistake about the city).

Happy that The Telegraph are still digging for some news for us. No news from Arison's chief spokesperson and Keith Harris may yet prove good news. It may come to nothing but at least we have something to consider again alongside the reported Middle Eastern interest.       

• Like 2

Was the original asking price not said to be £200m+? The potential asking price then seemed to be speculation and it would be strange if the seller or any serious potential buyer would now make it known that the price is right @ £150m. 

Was the original asking price not said to be £200m+? The potential asking price then seemed to be speculation and it would be strange if the seller or any serious potential buyer would now make it known that the price is right @ £150m. 

Exactly, this club won't say anything on public. Even with the ten days with Benteke last summer, They've only said (The asking price) without saying the number publicly publicly. Players like Bacuna we haven't heard of them before more that 24 hours from his signings. And that was from foreign sources (same goes with other players).

If he's happy to knock £50m off, why should a potential buyer not wait until he ups it to £75m?

Hopeless situation.  :(

Because then somebody else comes along and pays the £150m while you're sitting there waiting.

Things seem to be heating up.  Which is nice.  Links this week to;

- Khalid Al-Baltan

- Mickey Arison (possibly Ellison with him)

- Wynn

- Arif

Could be some false rumours being put out there by Villa or one of those could be close.  In our experience with Villa rumours it usually turns out that the local Villa fan who has heard something either in the local media or through local friends turns out to be the right one so lets hope Abdul is right!  If we do have lots of interest then hopefully it will mean a call to action for any potential suitor who is debating whether to progress with a bid beacuse of the price.

• Like 2

What's his background abdulaziz? A quick google hasn't told me a great deal.

I'd say he's an ok business man. I don't know if he's more than 1 or 2b pounds, Could be more or less (His wealth is unknown but he's known by one of the most people who have money in sporting here in Saudi). I'm not sure what his plannings exactly I'm still trying to figure, But I think he's knowing what he's doing,Although I'm only afraid wether he'll deal well in the European leagues or not because it's totally different than here. He seems to have couple of partners so that might make me more comfortable. Because I think it's very hard for him to spend a lot only by himself.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully Khaled appoints an experienced CEO to help him adjust to the league. Do you think Baltan will bring in his own people?