$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

6-8 buyers? wow. If that's true we are in demand. So people can see the potential of our great club.

If there were 6-8 potential buyers, then surely we would have heard something in the past week? It has been eerily quiet.

Keith Harris said there are interested parties. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

He was acquitted of all crimes in 2011 concerning prostitution with some paper having to write a rebuttal. The stuff about him funding terrorists and such is from a site that talks about deck of cards with Russian Mafia on the front. Is there any proof to this? I'm not trying to defend the guy but would like to evidence before I throw him under the bus.

This. It is just a flimsy link because he once worked in the Soviet trade ministry. On the same basis you could write something similar for General Krulak because he worked in the US military who engage in unsavoury actions at times. There is nothing to link him as an individual.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Well at least something is going on, I'm not really enthused about this Arif guy though but who knows he might really want to make Aston Villa great again and not be in it for what he can get out of it, As if.

If this news is true then at least we're starting to hear something. If we're honest, all we've been doing the last few weeks is picking apart rumours from supposedly ikn's hoping to find some sort of truth. I'm hopeful that Villa will be back to the level that I want them to be, but this takeover news is starting to wear me down a little now.

I don't like the sound of this guy but its great for competition. Makes any other semi interested get real interested if this guy makes a bid and they don't want to miss out.

It will flush out the serious bidders. At least something is going on.

• Like 1

Just come back from having a drink with none other than Alan Hutton, who is out here with his family on holiday. Actually seemed like a very pleasant chap and was looking forward to getting the chance to claim a place in the first XI next season.

I asked him if he knew much about the takeover and he replied by saying that the players have known it to be happening for a while, but no firm ideas as to who it may be. He actually spoke like an employee concerned about his job. He mentioned that he was 'pretty sure' that the new owners would be here sooner rather than later, and hoped tht they'd spend some money.

Like I said, he seemed very affable and happy to play for the Villa if given the opportunity. In terms of inside knowledge, I genuinely believe the players have as much inside info as we do right now. 

Bah! I had lunch with Mick Jagger and he doesn't know anything about the takeover either :)

Just come back from having a drink with none other than Alan Hutton, who is out here with his family on holiday. Actually seemed like a very pleasant chap and was looking forward to getting the chance to claim a place in the first XI next season.

I asked him if he knew much about the takeover and he replied by saying that the players have known it to be happening for a while, but no firm ideas as to who it may be. He actually spoke like an employee concerned about his job. He mentioned that he was 'pretty sure' that the new owners would be here sooner rather than later, and hoped tht they'd spend some money.

Like I said, he seemed very affable and happy to play for the Villa if given the opportunity. In terms of inside knowledge, I genuinely believe the players have as much inside info as we do right now. 

Bah! I had lunch with Mick Jagger and he doesn't know anything about the takeover either :)

But does he have the moves like Hutton?  :D

• Like 2

Tevfik Arif - a former official with the Soviet Trade Ministry who has moved to the US to become a construction magnate and an underground head of a money-laundering network involved in financing terrorist groups in the Middle East and the former Soviet Union. Arif was arrested in 2010 for allegedly organizing a prostitution ring.

http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2013/05/13/17780.shtml

Seems a good lad.

Come on everyone don't be negative... I mean who amongst us hasn't tried to organize a prostitute ring or found themselves involved with middle east terrorists. At least we will be voted #1 for hospitality services and anyone that doesn't like us, we simply blow them up.

Edited by Texas_Mike

Exactly Mike.. Just the other week I was given a slap on the wrist by the police for attempting to start my own arms trafficking business. These things just happen, you know? 

• Like 1

What's he worth?

Who knows? I just know this type of person is not worthy of owning our club, I'm Villa through and through (Like all of us are) but the more I read of this bloke the more I hope that Randy Lerner doesn't sell to him or his ilk.