$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I'm sure if this Saudi guy was worth half a billion in english pounds and his company had made huge losses recently then people would react the same way as they did to the Indians. Also if we didn't know what we knew about the Indians linked then people wouldn't have been against it. They'd just be searching India's most rich people, out of wishful thinking I guess, and wouldn't be bothered about nationality.

Thing is, there have been times in this thread where someone has mentioned an Indian and instantly people have said no on that basis alone. Of course, mention Arabs and everyone creams themselves.

Not me, didn't Malaga and that one russian club ran into the money trouble because their arab owners lost interest? There's no way knowing how arab owners would run Villa.

Indeed, but unfortunately these facts seem lost on many.

Birmingham shares suspended on the HK exchange today suggesting the club has been sold

Perhaps those lawyers in private Jets at BHX were nothing to do with us ?

Lawyer plane left yesterday, down to Luton.

It has gone on to Naples this morning, so looking unlikely to be Villa related after all.

Sorry!

Cortese ?????

I was going to say, as a purely entertainment based observation/speculation...

Cortese is in Milan. And has just hinted he is very likely to be involved in the Premier League again.

Not me, didn't Malaga and that one russian club ran into the money trouble because their arab owners lost interest? There's no way knowing how arab owners would run Villa.

Which Russian club? You mean Anzhi who are owned by a Russian?

Hmh, if they had firesale of players, then yes. Might've mixed with some other club.

Hmh, if they had firesale of players, then yes. Might've mixed with some other club.

You're talking about the right club, it's just that they don't have an Arab owner.

Does anyone think that Lerner might float us on the stock market if he can't find an outright buyer after so long? After all, he bought us through a share buyout.

You don't want to float a company that has very little existing interest to buy it. He'd have to float it on the cheap to get the stocks sold. Which means that his stock would take a hit aswell. Also, the whole process is lengthy and costly. No, I think it's pretty safe to say that that won't happen.

• Like 1

"It has gone on to Naples this morning, so looking unlikely to be Villa related after all. Sorry!" - No need for any apology thetrees. It was an informed guess that it was B6 related and it gave us hope where there is little concrete grounds for it. Keep those eyes on the runway for incoming from the USA, Russia, India, Saudi or anywhere else.  :)

There are 2 theories behind him losing interest, 1 is that they weren't winning anything so he gave up, the other is that he lost most of his money due to a slump in the stock exchange

Either way he was suffering from poor health, they've been relegated this year

Personally I always thought there was some dodgy political motives behind the clubs rise, the area is dodgy as ****, think something like only 5% of the region is ethnically Russian, big successful football team keep the people happy... The owner was pretty much given the club by the regional president on the promise of spending money on local infrastructure

Not sure what happened to the Malaga bloke

Media reports have said that Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan is looking to invest in a European football club.The idea came out as a special committee of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) was studying privatization in the Saudi football clubs.Four members of the privatization committee are seriously thinking about investing Europe’s football clubs, among them is Al Baltan, according to the reports.The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club.

Click
I may need a new pair of pants.
You must be getting through a lot of pants if that's all it takes.

That's the plan.

I personally think there's a firm offer on the table, but its not the best (either not matching the £200m value, or from people Randy doesn't think would be good for us) so he's out the feelers out for someone new and if no one comes forward then he'll sell to them. That's just my feeling, I expect us to be sold before the season starts but I wouldn't hold my hopes on some multi billionaire coming in and making us the next Man City

I'd like to believe whoever is willing to pay £200m for the club will have good intentions and adequate resources to get the best out of their very expensive investment. I doubt any potential owner is going to takeover the Villa to destroy the club or lose interest after a few seasons, regardless of what their nationality is.

So on that basis I would welcome literally any new owner.

I'd like to believe whoever is willing to pay £200m for the club will have good intentions and adequate resources to get the best out of their very expensive investment. I doubt any potential owner is going to takeover the Villa to destroy the club or lose interest after a few seasons, regardless of what their nationality is.

So on that basis I would welcome literally any new owner.

Yes, 2 on the trot would be most unlucky.

• Like 1

Does anyone think that Lerner might float us on the stock market if he can't find an outright buyer after so long? After all, he bought us through a share buyout.

I don't really think. Our club usually doesn't put a statement where they aren't sure about. 

I like Lerner way in managing, The only thing I think isn't helping him is dis-interest. Which makes him wanting to make the club as healthy as possible to sell.

I don't really think. Our club usually doesn't put a statement where they aren't sure about. 

I like Lerner way in managing, The only thing I think isn't helping him is dis-interest. Which makes him wanting to make the club as healthy as possible to sell.