$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Media reports have said that Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan is looking to invest in a European football club.

The idea came out as a special committee of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) was studying privatization in the Saudi football clubs.

Four members of the privatization committee are seriously thinking about investing Europe’s football clubs, among them is Al Baltan, according to the reports.

The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club.

Click

I may need a new pair of pants.

920x1090_fitbox-aston_villa_adult_boxer_

Media reports have said that Al Shabab president Khaled Al Baltan is looking to invest in a European football club.The idea came out as a special committee of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) was studying privatization in the Saudi football clubs.Four members of the privatization committee are seriously thinking about investing Europe’s football clubs, among them is Al Baltan, according to the reports.The reports indicated that Al Baltan is in private talks with the three other partners over investing in an English Premiere League club.

Click
I may need a new pair of pants.
You must be getting through a lot of pants if that's all it takes. Edited by Amo69

Through

Wha?
Typo police. Thanks.

Ah, I didn't notice your post...for a minute I was thinking Texas_Mike was suggesting "The deal has gone through".....

God, it sucks grasping at straws

I'm sure if this Saudi guy was worth half a billion in english pounds and his company had made huge losses recently then people would react the same way as they did to the Indians. Also if we didn't know what we knew about the Indians linked then people wouldn't have been against it. They'd just be searching India's most rich people, out of wishful thinking I guess, and wouldn't be bothered about nationality.

Edited by useless

I'm sure if this Saudi guy was worth half a billion in english pounds and his company had made huge losses recently then people would react the same way as they did to the Indians. Also if we didn't know what we knew about the Indians linked then people wouldn't have been against it. They'd just be searching India's most rich people, out of wishful thinking I guess, and wouldn't be bothered about nationality.

Thing is, there have been times in this thread where someone has mentioned an Indian and instantly people have said no on that basis alone. Of course, mention Arabs and everyone creams themselves.

Thing is, there have been times in this thread where someone has mentioned an Indian and instantly people have said no on that basis alone. Of course, mention Arabs and everyone creams themselves.

Not me, didn't Malaga and that one russian club ran into the money trouble because their arab owners lost interest? There's no way knowing how arab owners would run Villa.

Money issues aside, my preference for a Middle Eastern buyer is based purely on them being more au fait with the game, as it would have been had their been genuine interest from Russia say. The Americans have plenty of cash, but I've never been entirely convinced as to why they would ever entertain spending copious amounts of their fortune with probably zero chance of a return.