$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The meeting is over so why he saying their still in meeting. Lerner and Lambert are having dinner before he flys back.

It was tweeted an hour ago...

• Like 1

The meeting is over so why he saying their still in meeting The tweets says he said this 1 hour ago . Lerner and Lambert are having dinner before he flys back.

So Lambert is, according to your posts in the last 2 days:

Resigning

Pushing for a new contract

The man to lead the club forward

Intent on ruining the takeover

Not wanting Randy to sell

Quitting unless Randy sells

Just to sum up, right?

• Like 4

The meeting is over so why he saying their still in meeting The tweets says he said this 1 hour ago . Lerner and Lambert are having dinner before he flys back.

Resigning

Just to sum up, right?

I think Mendi is Stan in disguise.

Resigning

Just to sum up, right?

He wants the deal that was agreed few months ago, and with a clause fitted in to say the new owner cant sack him.

He is free to quit, but he knows he will not get the money he is due . so its up in the air with him, I hope he gets the sacked, but Lerner isn't willing to pay up.

That where are with this takeover matter.

Edited by Mendi

We should have a bet which page of this thread will break the first accurate post in regards to a sale. I'm going for page 420

Define that? I think Kwan is right and I hope he is OK. So I bet that page but couldn't be bothered to look up the number. 

He wants the deal that was agreed few months ago, and with a clause fitted in to say the new owner cant sack him.

He is free to quit, but he knows he will not get the money he is due . so its up in the air with him, I hope he gets the sacked, but Lerner isn't willing to pay up.

There are a few pretty massive things here

He agreed to a contract that said a new owner couldn't sack him? Not a hope in hell that would even be considered. Jesus Christ. That'd be right up there with the greatest contract ever given to anyone.

Any contract that was agreed in principle still isn't a contract until signed. This was not signed, ergo it doesn't matter what they agreed on. No contract = no contract

How can someone simultaneously want a new contract and want new owners to put money into the club, and want to quit and not want the owner to sell?

I've already made it clear that I don't believe a single thing you're saying, but at least have some bloody consistency in your nonsense. Everything is wrong with everything you say. You claim that in the space of a week you've managed to go from knowing nobody, to being privy to information that about 10 people know about, revolving around a massive business deal where confidentiality is key?

It's always possible, I suppose, that you believe this, and someone else is having a tremendous laugh at your expense though

• Like 1

So just musing...

Someone mentioned ages ago that it is an American owner and they are going rial point Klinnsman as manager. Perhaps they know the importance of Klinnsman to America and so don't want to disrupt the WC prep. They could have agreed the deal in principle but asked Lerner to delay the announcement until US are out of the WC. That way they don't disrupt US at the WC and also save face by not having a long delay in naming a new manager (say for example they announced the takeover today and sacked Lambert straight away, some fans may criticise them for not appointing a quick successor.)

All hypothetical of course, and no doubt will be shot down in flames

So just musing...

Someone mentioned ages ago that it is an American owner and they are going rial point Klinnsman as manager. Perhaps they know the importance of Klinnsman to America and so don't want to disrupt the WC prep. They could have agreed the deal in principle but asked Lerner to delay the announcement until US are out of the WC. That way they don't disrupt US at the WC and also save face by not having a long delay in naming a new manager (say for example they announced the takeover today and sacked Lambert straight away, some fans may criticise them for not appointing a quick successor.)

All hypothetical of course, and no doubt will be shot down in flames

That's feasible, I guess we'll see in about 6 weeeks.

Resigning

Just to sum up, right?

So this new contract he was offered that meant any new owners couldn't sack him.........how does that work

Resigning

Just to sum up, right?

Asylum. Somewhere. Patient short.

• Like 1

Resigning

Just to sum up, right?

So this new contract he was offered that meant any new owners couldn't sack him.........how does that work

Don't encourage him!  :unsure:

I'm sorry but if Fulham are worth £200m then so are we, easily!

That't not being biased.  That is based on the following:

- Biggest team in the Midlands and in the second city of England.  I.e. massive catchment area to attract fans

- Historically one of the top 4 or 5 teams in England

- Ever present in the PL

- One of the best grounds in the PL.  43,000 seater stadium

- One of the best training grounds in the country. 

- One of the best academies in the country

-  Staff costs reduced to a more manageable level

Most importantly potential! Potential to build an infastructure that is sustainable and successful for the long term.  New scouting system, footballing hiearchy, new players, regular investment, new fans, sponsorship opportunities and an asset that can be sold in 5 to 10 years time for more than what you put in. 

Never, ever try for a job in corporate finance!

Nobody's going to buy us for our history, as that hasn't translated into us being a 'brand' like Man U or Liverpool.

"Brand" simply takes money to establish - just ask Man Utd.  

Of course Villa's history is attractive to any investor because it gives the money and PR men something very real and tangible to market and "brand".   Villa's unique selling point is that it is the birthplace of league football.   Savvy marketing people could use that fact and McGregor as the focus of a very real and valuable brand.

• Like 2

For what it's worth these are my thoughts. 

I don't think for one second Lambert has flown to the USA to be sacked or for contract talks. All that stuff is normally done by agents and solicitors. 

However, in my opinion he has either gone for the following reason

• Just a normal end of season catch up (it is easier for Lambert to fly to the US rather than Lerner take time out of his busy schedule)
  • To discuss next season (There is no new owner or sign of a new owner so they are discussing transfer targets and budgets etc...)
  • We are close to being sold and the new owners want to talk to Lambert about the future. 

It is very unlikely that Lambert will be sacked until we get new owners. Lerner will want to keep the stability of the club until someone else takes over ... then it is their problem to sack or keep on. 

Just my thoughts ...

Edited by limpid
Fixed list format
  • Like 4

If Lambert was meeting Lerner in the UK would it be feasible for him to be sacked then?

Surely this type of thing should be done in person and in this day and age a flight to New York is not a big deal. He could be back by Monday.

That makes some sense, Savo9, but from Lambert's postion he was seemingly on the verge of getting a new contract 4 months ago, there would have been some chats.

Now he's in the situation where the club may get taken over, the new people may not want him, so he would want to know whether he's getting a new deal, about to be potted, if he's wanted only for the short term, and if so what he's wanted to do by RL.

In his situation I'd be weighing up my options, maybe trying to get a new contract, or at least understand if he's toast, shortly, and then I would be thinking about getting another job, with less hassle.

No budget, little desire from most fans for him to stay, a very weak squad, no idea what's gonna happen with the club. Major uncertainty for him. He'd be mad not to be pushing for more certainty, and if he wants to stay, it would only be with some moeny for players to sort the problems.

SO basically, while all the above you wrote is fine from the RL perspective, there's more than just him with things they would want to get sorted.

• Like 2