$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Unless we indeed already have a buyer, I think we are completely in the shite!

Lerners official statement is becoming more an more publicity bollocks! Why did he not just advise to the media the club is on offer if the right deal comes along.

All this statement has done is ruffle the fans into speculation that we are now in worst trouble than relegation could have ever been.

How-I-Met-Your-Mother.gif

I think Ellison is definately a 'no chance'. He seems like a name that has been plucked out of thin air, to excite the fans (or to troll them).

All other names have only been mentioned by people guessing. Hunt, Anshultz (sp?), Simpson and the other chap.

A certain man who shall not be named, said the interested party owns an American team, but he didn't say in what sport.

I think, with Randy's connections, it's likely that we're going to be sold to an owner of an American sports team. But, there are probably hundreds of people who fit that criteria!

That's it. Jay-Z will take over.

If you google Keith Harris Newcastle United there's an interesting article titled 'Keith Harris lifts lid on selling Newcastle United'. Although It might make for gloomy reading. Says that Newcastle had twenty offers but only one of them was serious. Interestingly the reason the serous offer fell through was because the name of the buyer was leaked, so these things do happen.

Lerners official statement is becoming more an more publicity bollocks! Why did he not just advise to the media the club is on offer if the right deal comes along.

All this statement has done is ruffle the fans into speculation that we are now in worst trouble than relegation could have ever been.

Yup - it could be a way of justifying minimal communication and Investment. But effectivley I think what you have said above is correct. - The only glimmer is Lerner is very keen for a sale - but even that has a cloud.......he won't be to fussy who he sells too...!!

Problem is have we ever heard a Villa statement that the fans actually understand! The board should consider being a bit more clear to the fans what's going on. I.e, "I am putting AV up for sale, at this moment in time there are no prospective buyers, but I have employed BOA to find a buyer and tie this up a.s.a.p. Thankyou for your great support this season through hard times and as a loyal owner I will try keep you up to date as soon as I know anything". Not hard is it Mr Lerner!!!

I remember when Carlisle United were being sold, and Michael Knighton turned up for a meeting with a bloke who he thought was a serious bidder, until he saw the chap had turned up in a clapped out car and turned out to be a waiter in a local hotel.  I might try and blag a meeting in Randy's New York hotel and a trip on his private jet.

• Like 2

I think Ellison is definately a 'no chance'. He seems like a name that has been plucked out of thin air, to excite the fans (or to troll them).

All other names have only been mentioned by people guessing. Hunt, Anshultz (sp?), Simpson and the other chap.

A certain man who shall not be named, said the interested party owns an American team, but he didn't say in what sport.

I think, with Randy's connections, it's likely that we're going to be sold to an owner of an American sports team. But, there are probably hundreds of people who fit that criteria!

He will be perfect for us loads a doe and then we will be the first football club to join the illuminati, win everything and take over the woooorld!

Yup - it could be a way of justifying minimal communication and Investment. But effectivley I think what you have said above is correct. - The only glimmer is Lerner is very keen for a sale - but even that has a cloud.......he won't be to fussy who he sells too...!!

Problem is have we ever heard a Villa statement that the fans actually understand! The board should consider being a bit more clear to the fans what's going on. I.e, "I am putting AV up for sale, at this moment in time there are no prospective buyers, but I have employed BOA to find a buyer and tie this up a.s.a.p. Thankyou for your great support this season through hard times and as a loyal owner I will try keep you up to date as soon as I know anything". Not hard is it Mr Lerner!!!

But why do that when you can put out a statement full of self pity with a bollox biblical reference that most fans would have to google to understand the meaning? And of course you can also big up your two most sycophantic incompetent buffoons at the same time.

Then after your mentor can speak for the first time since running scared from an internet in the turgid mean nothing way.

I think they may have messed up! We can't have these idiots in charge for any longer than we have to.   

• Like 1

Figure-10-3_zps6ad82804.png

Maybe this is a sine of things to come.

Just need randy to cosine a deal for the sale of the club now.

Just hope the deal doesn't go off at a tangent.

I feel dirty

I thought you approached the joke from a good angle.

• Like 2

He will be perfect for us loads a doe and then we will be the first football club to join the illuminati, win everything and take over the woooorld!

Just so long as he doesn't try to get Solange involved in the consortium.  :o

If you google Keith Harris Newcastle United there's an interesting article titled 'Keith Harris lifts lid on selling Newcastle United'. Although It might make for gloomy reading. Says that Newcastle had twenty offers but only one of them was serious. Interestingly the reason the serous offer fell through was because the name of the buyer was leaked, so these things do happen.

I do wonder why they called the deal off just because their name was leaked, I can understand they wouldn't want it to be known so there wouldn't be any other bidders but still.

Figure-10-3_zps6ad82804.png

Maybe this is a sine of things to come.

Just need randy to cosine a deal for the sale of the club now.

Just hope the deal doesn't go off at a tangent.

I feel dirty

I thought you approached the joke from a good angle.

This thread has been sigmatised!

Rich old guy wants to live the dream, tries to buy football club but doesn't want to his wife to know... "don't be silly" ... "stupid waste of money that is" etc. news leaked means she gets to know about it and can put a stop to it.

• Like 2

I do wonder why they called the deal off just because their name was leaked, I can understand they wouldn't want it to be known so there wouldn't be any other bidders but still.

I've got no idea. According to the often partisan blog who is very informed on all things Small Heath, a Chinese guy recently pulled out of buying a 25% stake in them for the very same reasons although he put it down to being a Chinese thing.

You'd think if anybody was serious in a purchase they wouldn't let something like that put them off.

£60m on players is not chump change, even these days. But with the right manager and the right infrastructure I've no doubt that would give us a shot at the UEFA cup spots.

I'd expect anyone interested in buying Aston Villa Football Club to want to and expect to have to make that investment over a 12 month period.

But what's the point of spending that much money just to get a shot at the Europa League? It'd take us ages to cover that sort of spending and we'd also get nailed for FFP fines. The potential gains just aren't there - we're much better off spending half that per season and going a bit more gradually.

Because, devalued as it is, players like playing in Europe. It's a draw. For a club of our size it's a necessary step on the way up.

We pay half that per season and by the end of season 2, when we finish 10th, many of those players are moving on. One hard push back to O'Neill levels of competitiveness (minus the madness) and we're in a place where we can look up again.

It's what I'd do if I was a multi billionaire football club owner, safe in the knowledge there were no guarantees.