$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I didn't realise mike ashley was worth 6.3$ either http://www.forbes.com/profile/michael-ashley/ no wonder newcastle fans are going mental, atleast we know Randy can't afford to invest

Why can't randy afford to invest?

I meant invest heavy amounts, if Lerner were to spend £100m on players for example it would be more than 10% of his entire fortune. Whereas to Ashley it would hardly effect him if he spent that much

http://meetinghouseamagansett.com/

To chip in on the rumour mill, Randy's restaurant is closed on Friday all day for a 'Private event'. New owners meeting incumbent staff perhaps? Who knows. I'll get Miss Marple on it.

If the sale is close, I can imagine it's being the last meeting between the three of them. I said this before but what I've learned by Lerner from his reign is that he seemingly wants to do things the proper way and respects loyalty, so it might be "the last supper" with the golden handshake for both of them.

I've been thinking something...lately Lambert has been talking about how the team needs investment and more experience etc...what if he has said it to point it out for the potential buyers, as I suspect he's known about the sale for couple months.

Edited by Jarpie

http://meetinghouseamagansett.com/

To chip in on the rumour mill, Randy's restaurant is closed on Friday all day for a 'Private event'. New owners meeting incumbent staff perhaps? Who knows. I'll get Miss Marple on it.

If the sale is close, I can imagine it's being the last meeting between the three of them. I said this before but what I've learned by Lerner from his reign is that he seemingly wants to do things the proper way and respects loyalty, so it might be "the last supper" with the golden handshake for both of them.

I've been thinking something...lately Lambert has been talking about how the team needs investment and more experience etc...what if he has said it to point it out for the potential buyers, as I suspect he's known about the sale for couple months.

I guarantee that after Faulkner, he must have been one of the first people to know months ago

Also guys I have a bit of a theory!! MY SPIDEY SENCES ARE TINGLING:

So i've just checked Matt Laws Twitter.... 

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT  3h

@preston76 Hi Michael, do you have an email address I can contact you on?

SO, who is @preston76?

He is:

Philadelphia @SIXERS Director of Public Relations; previously Baltimore Ravens, Miami Heat, Int'l Speedway Corp. & Sports Biz Daily. instagram: preston76

Who owns Philadelphia Sixers?

Joshua Harris.....

Maybe i'm reading a bit too much into this, but Law was one of the initial ones to break the news that a takeover was happening so I presume he will be looking for the scoop right about now?

Maybe i'm onto something, maybe not.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/joshua-harris/

• Like 1

SO, who is @preston76?

He is:

Philadelphia @SIXERS Director of Public Relations; previously Baltimore Ravens, Miami Heat, Int'l Speedway Corp. & Sports Biz Daily. instagram: preston76

Joshua Harris.....

Maybe i'm reading a bit too much into this, but Law was one of the initial ones to break the news that a takeover was happening so I presume he will be looking for the scoop right about now?

Further info:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515257/Charlton-set-bought-American-sports-owner-Josh-Harris--CHARLES-SALE.html

Investment banker Josh Harris is set to become the latest American sports franchise owner to buy into English football.

The 48-year-old billionaire, who owns basketball’s Philadelphia 76ers and ice hockey team New Jersey Devils, is said to be in detailed talks to purchase Charlton. The Championship club have been linked with a number of potential takeover moves recently, including consortiums from Turkey and Russia.

But the bid by Harris is understood to have progressed to an advanced stage since his associates came over for Charlton’s home game against Leeds earlier this month.

Charlton are co-owned by Tony Jiminez and Michael Slater but it is claimed Mayfair property developer Kevin Cash bankrolls the London club and is keen to recoup his funding. Also, Jiminez has had to repay £500,000 to his former Newcastle colleague Dennis Wise after a High Court ruling regarding a property investment.

Manager Chris Powell and a number of players are in the last year of contracts that haven’t been renewed because of the likelihood of a Charlton sale.

Harris, who spent around £500million buying his NBA and NHL franchises, could easily afford the mooted £43m price for Charlton that would include the freehold of The Valley. And there are ambitious plans being proposed for Charlton, who could, with the aid of wealthy owners, build a new stadium on land near the O2 Arena. 

So he has got previous interest in a football team, but for seemingly unknown reasons he pulled his offer and the deal collapsed in December. Maybe because he got wind of a better team being available?

Edited by samjp26

I didn't realise Ellis Short (Sunderland) was worth $6.7bn?! It really is how much they are willing to spend isn't it , that's nearly as much as abramovic

which is about 4 billion 3 times less than abramovich and he has invested what randy has

Matt Law@Matt_Law_DT 3h

SO, who is @preston76?

He is:

Joshua Harris.....

Further info:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515257/Charlton-set-bought-American-sports-owner-Josh-Harris--CHARLES-SALE.html

Investment banker Josh Harris is set to become the latest American sports franchise owner to buy into English football.

The 48-year-old billionaire, who owns basketball’s Philadelphia 76ers and ice hockey team New Jersey Devils, is said to be in detailed talks to purchase Charlton. The Championship club have been linked with a number of potential takeover moves recently, including consortiums from Turkey and Russia.

But the bid by Harris is understood to have progressed to an advanced stage since his associates came over for Charlton’s home game against Leeds earlier this month.

Charlton are co-owned by Tony Jiminez and Michael Slater but it is claimed Mayfair property developer Kevin Cash bankrolls the London club and is keen to recoup his funding. Also, Jiminez has had to repay £500,000 to his former Newcastle colleague Dennis Wise after a High Court ruling regarding a property investment.

Manager Chris Powell and a number of players are in the last year of contracts that haven’t been renewed because of the likelihood of a Charlton sale.

Harris, who spent around £500million buying his NBA and NHL franchises, could easily afford the mooted £43m price for Charlton that would include the freehold of The Valley. And there are ambitious plans being proposed for Charlton, who could, with the aid of wealthy owners, build a new stadium on land near the O2 Arena.

So he has got previous interest in a football team, but for seemingly unknown reasons he pulled his offer and the deal collapsed in December. Maybe because he got wind of a better team being available?

Was just about to say this. Drops his deal for Charlton which was so advanced that an investment bank had completed due diligence? Could be because he got wind of a better offer.. Might be on to something.

SO, who is @preston76?

He is:

Joshua Harris.....

$2.6 billion, pfft

But then you have to ask, why would a deal still be being made with Lerner now if he caught wind in December? Surely it would have been done by now.

Waited till we were mathematically safe?

But then you have to ask, why would a deal still be being made with Lerner now if he caught wind in December? Surely it would have been done by now.

Talks after premier league status regained?? Wasting his time if we didn't stay up

Apollo invests heavily in distressed properties -- which one could argue would include the Sixers. The Milwaukee Bucks were sold this week for a reported record $550 million, a sum that could make even billionaires consider selling for a tidy profit.

Harris said no way.

"Clearly, this has been a successful investment so far for the ownership group," he said. "But the reality is, I don't think we're going to sell this investment for a long time. I expect my kids to be around the Sixers. We're building this thing for the long run."

Forbes also valued the 49-year-old Harris' net worth at $2.7 billion. Harris and a partnership group bought the NHL's New Jersey Devils in August, and he refused to rule out the possibility of buying another sports franchise.

SHIT YOU NOT MY MONEYS ON THIS GUY NOW

• Like 2

Apollo invests heavily in distressed properties -- which one could argue would include the Sixers. The Milwaukee Bucks were sold this week for a reported record $550 million, a sum that could make even billionaires consider selling for a tidy profit.

Harris said no way.

"Clearly, this has been a successful investment so far for the ownership group," he said. "But the reality is, I don't think we're going to sell this investment for a long time. I expect my kids to be around the Sixers. We're building this thing for the long run."

Forbes also valued the 49-year-old Harris' net worth at $2.7 billion. Harris and a partnership group bought the NHL's New Jersey Devils in August, and he refused to rule out the possibility of buying another sports franchise.

SHIT YOU NOT MY MONEYS ON THIS GUY NOW

If it is I'm nominating you for a Pulitzer.

Edited by coda
  • Like 3