$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I don't know names, or enough info to tell people who it could be, but I was told a while back we would see new owners at the end of the season, and before preseason. I have zero reason to doubt the person who told me, and they have given little snippets since, including the basis for the statement and some of the plans on the table for the future of our club.

I know I am a part sometimes, but I'm not taking the piss when I say I am very confident in a takeover. Also, don't listen to the negatives from the press, they know nothing.

The real question is DK, are you excited or scared about what you are hearing?

Cheers dodgy, I believe what you're saying.

I know I am a part sometimes, but I'm not taking the piss when I say I am very confident in a takeover.

I can't work out what the typo was here. 'I know I am a fart sometimes', perhaps? Or 'prat'? ;)

• Like 2

I don't know names, or enough info to tell people who it could be, but I was told a while back we would see new owners at the end of the season, and before preseason. I have zero reason to doubt the person who told me, and they have given little snippets since, including the basis for the statement and some of the plans on the table for the future of our club.

I know I am a part sometimes, but I'm not taking the piss when I say I am very confident in a takeover. Also, don't listen to the negatives from the press, they know nothing.

When does preseason start?

The real question is DK, are you excited or scared about what you are hearing?

Certainly looking forward to a new chapter. Gut instinct with what I know makes me excited. We will see.

Cheers dodgy, I believe what you're saying.

I know I am a part sometimes, but I'm not taking the piss when I say I am very confident in a takeover.

I can't work out what the typo was here. 'I know I am a fart sometimes', perhaps? Or 'prat'? ;)

Prat lol. Bloody Google keyboard.

Interesting post Paul.

Lerner's issue hasn't just been with money though it's also been with decisions. Everton finished 5th this season and their revenue and expenditure is roughly similar to ours. Spurs have managed to increase their revenue after a few decent seasons and one CL run (and have the benefit of being in London), but their commercial potential is not greater than ours.

Haha thanks. I needed clarification on that point. Calling yourself a prat is fine, but if you admitted to being a fart, then you're no longer a credible source! :D

• Like 3

Lerner's issue was with money finishing 6th spending 6th place money wasn't good enough for him, we missed the benefits of that CL money that plugs that gap in financing and didn't go far enough down the spending route to become self sustaining.

Most of the money lost has been since that period of time changing managers, writing off player wages (we still are to the tune of over 10m to the bomb squad)

I think any potential owners need to take note that we've had 4 dreadful seasons in a row, and yet 35,000+ fans have still been turning up to all the home games.

Other teams in our position, battling relegation and spending on average £2m per player, could have seen attendances plummit to 20,000 or less.

New owners must see potential in that. Under O'Neill, with a bit of excitement, we were close to 40,000 most weeks.

• Like 1

Yea that's fine I agree with you Rob but reality of the situation is that 5000 extra fans don't actually bring in THAT much cash.

You could do a Man City in any large city club like Leeds, Sheffield, Everton, Cardiff etc

I think a wage cap which was level for the whole league would have been a better idea, it would weaken the bigger teams, and force clubs to lower wages, however it probably would need to brought in on a global scale as the Premier League would be too afraid of losing players and weakening it's brand.

Forever - the dye was cast way before then.

Folski - That is illegal under EU law. Even if we left the EU we still couldn't do it as other leagues would pay players more and therefore get the best players, it requires a wage cap done by Fifa which like I said would be illegal and it wouldn't get done anyway.

Edited by suttonpaul

2edxt2s.jpg

so the rumours are true... (damn, I have to desist)

The bloke already got 99 problems and the villa ain't one

Well thanks to our excellent groundstaff, whoever buys the club my have 99 problems, but the pitch ain't one.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Yea that's fine I agree with you Rob but reality of the situation is that 5000 extra fans don't actually bring in THAT much cash.

You could do a Man City in any large city club like Leeds, Sheffield, Everton, Cardiff etc

I agree. I wasn't really hinting that it would have a great financial impact, I just think that it's a major plus point to have a fanbase that are intent on sticking with the team through thick and thin (what choice have we had, I suppose?!)

• Like 1

Dodgy I could have wrote twice that and that was without even touching FFP but I thought it would bore people.

Thanks though :)

Great post 

Lerner went for the City /Chelsea approach spend big get champs league be self sufficient he just employed the wrong manager and board to see it through and we have suffered the consequences since.

However I would say Liverpool and even Everton to a certain degree have shown with the right manager for a lesser outlay you can challenge for the top 4.Though of course United's fall from grace has certainly helped.