• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

I've been a supported of Lambert all season and I don't think it's his fault Benteke, Kosak, Okore and Nzogbia (our most expensive signings) are all injured at the same time.

That's rotten luck.

If they'd all have been fit we'd have seen a different team with more points on the board and probably top half. Take the 5 most expensive signings out of every team and you'd see a real difference.

Having said that, it sounds like Lambert bottled it today and gambled for the draw, which clearly was the wrong thing to do.

The really sad thing is this result was just so predictable. It starts and finishes with the manager who is so utterly out of his depth its embarrassing. We will be relegated this season for no other reason than our owner not having the balls to have fired Lambert at Christmas.

After Jerome hit the bar when he should've scored and Howard Webb admitted his mistake we had pushed our luck to the limit. If we weren't going to make a change it was a matter of time until they scored. Surely someone on that bench thought we'd pushed it too far. Uninspiring and desperate. I can only rationalise that we were playing for the draw. I am concerned now it is going to get worse before it gets better. Every opposition player and manager will relish the opportunity playing against Villa.

This two points from five games rubbish is driving me nuts. This is Aston Villa not Hull City with all due respect. Our owner is making an absolute mockery of our football club and our manager hasn't got the faintest. I want to see us win a few games not obtain two lousy draws and wait until next season for the same rubbish to be served up on the back of some bargain signings that may or may not work out. I understand clubs go through ruts but we're continually flirting in the pits here. 

I get angry after a bad result like most people, but in my heart I don't think I've actually wanted Lambert gone. We've shown glimpses of excellent football over the last couple of seasons (sadly quite rarely), and he seems to have a decent eye for transfers. But I think today I've changed to the 'gotta go' camp. Glimpses aren't enough, and they seem to be getting rarer. Two years now, you have to have built some consistent quality by then surely. The lack of money to build a whole squad has kept me onside too, but how much have Palace spent to get the double over us and finish above us? I genuinely don't know but I'd hazard a guess it's a lot less than us over the last two years.

The only thing is, sack him for who? Who would come to us? It's a poisoned job. The fans won't accept anything less than comfortable mid-table, and even then the next year we'd expect to be pushing for 6th. Even if a manager worked that miracle, we'd still find something to moan about. If anyone took us down or anywhere near down, there'd be hell to pay. We've been patient with Lambert; way more patient than I think we'd be with anyone new as we're all rightly sick of Aston Villa being perennial relegation battlers. Who would take the job? The only man I can think of is Hughton, and if I was him I wouldn't touch the job with a bargepole.

Lerner has presided over this decline, and eventually there won't be three shitter teams and our luck will run out. Unfortunately he's the only one at the club we can't sack, and who here trusts him to install a competent new manager and back him adequately?

It's hopeless

Edited by blunther

This two points from five games rubbish is driving me nuts. This is Aston Villa not Hull City with all due respect. Our owner is making an absolute mockery of our football club and our manager hasn't got the faintest. I want to see us win a few games not obtain two lousy draws and wait until next season for the same rubbish to be served up on the back of some bargain signings that may or may not work out. I understand clubs go through ruts but we're continually flirting in the pits here.

Some of us have been saying this for the last 4 years. Lerner has got away with absolute murder in that time.

LERNER OUT!!

• Like 1

We have a half decent away record arising from a fast counter-attacking style and Lambert plays Holt up front ..... how does that work ?

I have nothing against Holt but he's a big target man who, if he still has a strength, holds the ball up well but you don't want that if you are looking to counter with pace. Either Weimann or Albrighton had to play with Gabby, or even both.

I really don't get what Lambert is doing !!!!! 

Yes and thats why i would have gone with Gabby and Andi but even Gabby isn't performing. In fairness to Andi he was unlucky not to score and that has happened a couple of times this season. Gabby never gets into goal scoring positions. So if you want to pick Holt then it should be Andi playing off him not Gabby.

Horrifically poor tactical display today. This can't go on. We're skint, yes, but it's like having a child in charge with absolutely no tactical nous or ability to notice problems and begin to rectify them. It's just one tactic, all or nothing and watch it deteriorate in front of your eyes. This guy has shown nothing to me that he can take this club forward. I actually can't believe it, how did we end up like this?

This has been my main frustration for a long while. With Benteke in the side there's always an out, a hope that we'll pull of something, but now Lambert's weakness is coming more to the front. There's no plan and little movement and the players are lost on the pitch. And he doesn't react to it.. I guess because he doesn't see it? The target man and counter attack football is about reducing the game down to 50/50 and luck. In the end we win then ones where the ball goes our way and confidence is high and lose the ones where it goes against us. It's no way to progress and will have us lingering in no mans land.

Edited by tarjei

Awful.. really, really awful..

Really worried now, poor showing from Lambert not making any changes to try and go for the game, instead we seemed to just want to grind out a 0-0 draw. We completely span the game on its head when Albrighton came on, should have done it earlier and gone for the 3 points. Now we come away with nothing, fearful that we may just get sucked down now.

This is exactly what I've been fearing since Benteke went down. We don't have any scoring threats. With things like this, Lambert decides not to play Weimann? This after he has put Andi out there all season? Can't understand.

....so what is Gabby a status symbol....He gets paid very handsomely and the club always seem to fall over themselves to improve his contract.

He is the experienced player the right side of 30 who has been at the club for long enough to know what is required... He has flirted/courted International comment.

.....so why are we not seeing this passion from a Villa Fan, who has the ability to make a difference.

is there a hidden agenda at B6 ?

Edited by TRO

Get this clown out of our club...watching gillette soccer saturday today and it had ex-norwich players praising lamberts exciting attacking football that norwich played under him...what?! We havent seen that. Just dour, long ball football without a hint of tactical nous. At least under mcleish (god help us) we had a philosophy, to be strong defensively. We were bloody awful to watch but at least the manager had some tactical idea. Lambert has none. We have been lucky to have finished where we have under him.

A striker who wasnt good enough for wigan leading our attack. He was so unfit and slow today he couldnt get to a cross that should have been a simple tap in.

Tired of people blaming lerner. He has had £40 million to spend!!! Its a myth he has had nothing to spend....He has brought 5 strikers, 4 of which are utterly useless, yet doesnt sign a SINGLE creative midfielder to create the chances. Despite being obvious to every man and child that baker and clark are not of premiership standard he fails to strengthen. Signs an inexperienced okore (cant judge him) but yet fails to bring an experienced leader that we so obviously need.

The only positive today is that the result pushes lambert closer to the exit door!

• Like 3

Yet another embarrassing day to be a Villa fan. I can't even keep drinking because I've got work later . Absolutely no ideas today , terrible tactics, why no sub until the 80th minute when we were crying out for a change? I like Lambert but if this was dished up under Mcleish I'd have been calling for his head. Between us Norwich Swansea and the baggies for the third spot, still think we'll be okay but limping over the line is not what I was expecting from this season.

This run of 4 losses feels worse than last Christmas, at least two of those were against Chelsea and Gareth bale fc

We lost 4 in bounce for the second time against the same teams ! They've all gave us the double !

Wow, hadn't realised that. That is quite a spooky stat and - probably quite irrationally - makes me feel even worse about this defeat, which I hadn't thought was possible.

Both runs started immediately after an unexpected win as well - Southampton away; Chelsea home.

WTF is going on with this squad?

Some of us have been saying this for the last 4 years. Lerner has got away with absolute murder in that time.

LERNER OUT!!

Blaming lerner for spending over a £100 million in the last few years. Give it a rest.

Â