• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

This two points from five games rubbish is driving me nuts. This is Aston Villa not Hull City with all due respect. Our owner is making an absolute mockery of our football club and our manager hasn't got the faintest. I want to see us win a few games not obtain two lousy draws and wait until next season for the same rubbish to be served up on the back of some bargain signings that may or may not work out. I understand clubs go through ruts but we're continually flirting in the pits here.

Some of us have been saying this for the last 4 years. Lerner has got away with absolute murder in that time.

LERNER OUT!!

Blaming lerner for spending over a £100 million in the last few years. Give it a rest.

He's sold most of our best players and replaced them with players from the lower league on peanuts and cheap as chips foreigners. All this over a 4 year period and now look where we are.

Honestly, some people can't see the wood for the trees.

Not even worth waiting now, is it?

Not really no.

That's me off the fence. I don't really know why 4/5 times a season we look like we can actually play a bit and the rest of the time we're like this. But then neither does Paul Lambert it seems. Budget or not, this isn't good enough. After two seasons we've not seen enough from him.

Another managerial hunt beckons.

Would probably vote Westwood motm, aside from him and Bertrand nobody comes out with much credit today, Vlaar was okay. Marc when he came on was decent, should've been on from ht if not starting.

We really have alot if very very poor players. Lamberts blindness to obvious problems that require substitutions to resolve seems to happen in nearly every game. There is no point closing the door after the horse has bolted. We have to win one of the next three at least or we will go down.

Nothing much in it, the game could have gone either way - the game according to Lambert...Needs to clean his glasses I think.

I have never ever heard a worst post match interviewee than Lambert. He says the same things virtually every week. If you notice he always has the shortest interviews on the bbc website. I long for the days of Graham Taylor who always gave insight.

Nothing much in it, the game could have gone either way - the game according to Lambert...Needs to clean his glasses I think.

I have never ever heard a worst post match interviewee than Lambert. He says the same things virtually every week. If you notice he always has the shortest interviews on the bbc website. I long for the days of Graham Taylor who always gave insight.

and as innocuous as it may seem to some.....says it all for me.

job is too big for him.

Said this in the "Where will we finish?" thread on 6 April.

You wouldn't back us to get anything off Palace at the moment. Pulis has them playing really disciplined football and some players, e.g. Puncheon. are in rich form.

Guess that was pretty spot on, then. :(

Spoke to a work colleague today who chatted at length with Shay Given during the week. He said there's unrest amongst the players re the N'Zogbia situation. By all accounts he is fit but won't play any part.

Sounds as though the players are questioning Lambert's decisions - could that go some way to explaining the dreadful performances we've seen over the past month? Who knows.

For the first time this season, I genuinely am worried about going down now. 4 losses in a row, considering the opposition we've played and the teams we've let do the double over us this season, is relegation form. Playing Southampton next at VP, so no doubt it's going to be 5 losses in a row. No manager in any other team would get away with that, but of course, we have an owner who couldn't care less about what happens to us, so how much longer are we going to have to be subjected to this? Will Randy actually turn around and say "this isn't good enough"? I highly doubt it.

I've been so convinced for a long time that Lambert is the right man, and he just needs the funds and time to complete his vision, but I just can't take this any more. He's tactically clueless, can't organise a squad, and has us playing a style of football that's ineffective and awful to watch. It's gotten to the point that I get unbelievably wound up by his pre/post match interviews. I can't help but think that coming out with things like "1 more win should do it" and "I don't think we'll need 40 points" isn't exactly inspiring us to win games and pick up as many points as we can. It's as though he's happy to see us just drag ourselves over the finish line. He says there's progress, but apart from some financial balance, we look so much worse than we did this time last season. We've pulled out some decent results, but are now losing to the teams (consistently) that we were taking maximum points from last season.

I honestly don't know who I'd vote for MOTM. Our defence has fallen apart again, our attacking is toothless and we seem to have lost any real spark that we've shown so rarely this season. Whilst I agree with Lambert that 1 more win should hopefully do it, it's not just staying up that we should be playing for (year after year). It's not progress when it's April and we're still just trying to beat the drop.

Not a good day for Villa fans today, and these ruined weekends are getting very old now...

• Like 1

First of all although elsewhere I have praised the villa travelling support, we do have  small minority of prats. Making noise at the minute silence today was shameful. The aggro with the palace fans was also rather annoying as some of us want to watch us lose rather than bait the home fans. I have to say the away end at Palace is the worst I have been following the Villa. I have been to better stands in League Two. Although many of us bemoan new plastic identkit stadiums, at least they have proper sightlines, decent concourses, no outside toilets, and proper segregation between home and away fans. It was a glorified potting shed and to charge over thirty quid for that is taking the piss.

Now the match. That was pile of crap wasn't it? Palace are a rubbish side, but a rubbish side which have been organised by a proper manager. A manager many of us may not like but the guy knows what he is doing. Which I can't see in Lambert. We tried to play for a point and failed. We left it to late to have a go by only bringing on Albrighton with 10 to go and a goal down.This is the pits, you could argue it is even worse than under McCluless as a set of fans we have really, really, tried hard  to buy into Lambert plan, but it is not working. We are going backwards and today had echoes of Wigan away under TSM 2 years ago. Then we lost Bent and just about stayed up, this time Benteke is out and its the same limp home to safety at best. For me Lambert is a dead man walking, he lost the crowd today and its no going back.Once the board see how low season ticket renewals will be, he will be sacked in the summer. I know he has a limited budget but the man has spent over 40 million on a side which is now going backwards. Ideally Lambert and the owner goes, but Lambert will be the fall guy. I am getting convinced this will happen now.

So a shit away day, a awful result and a realisation that our manager is on his way out. See you all at Southampton. UTV.

• Like 3

I couldn't go today as I had a mates' wedding and I'm delighted I saved myself 50/60 notes.

I will say one thing though: I got told to shut up on here when I dared suggest months ago that Lambert's "brand" of football was every bit as bad as Alex McLeish's, if not worse. Where are those people now?

At least McLeish (as dire and negative as it was) had a very defined footballing philosophy... Does Lambert have one?

Club is an utter shambles and I truly believe this is our year for relegation; we thoroughly deserve it. Find it hard to comprehend how, at our last home game, everybody around by me thought we were safe from relegation. Oh and those 4 Norwich fixtures, I'd bet my house on them winning at least one of them...

So over to you Villa and stop relying on everyone else for a **** change...

Â