• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Is there another human on the planet who would have waited that late to make the (by then pointless) substitutions ?

anyone .... .....

OK ignore humans, other sentient beings ?

thought not.

Till now I thought previous bad tactics/subs had been mistakes or circumstance or a bad gamble of some description but have had to give up on that , absolutely clueless, even the missus asked where the `funny looking skinny one [she meant Albrighton]` was .. and `the good looking German [she meant Weimann (& yes I know)]` .. to be fair my missus would only play the good looking ones... which itself would create its own problems .. though maybe Holt would get on the front cover of Farmers weekly ?, but if she could see it ...???

Actually Holt, had a go and worked hard and after the last 2 games I feel kind of bad for calling him porky cos at least he is trying .. I am also kind of glad now that the Villa shop could not fit 'Agbonlahor' on my shirt (too many letters, i.e. they are as lazy as him ATM) ... but who else to choose , Marcs name is too long as well, yet they manage to fit them on the match shirts ? anyway got side-tracked there.

I was previously of the opinion that yes we have a Championship side but hey, we have been floating mid-table with that... not that bad from that perspective, but now I suspect that constantly playing people out of position, stupid,stupid,stupid formations and substitutions etc .. well perhaps Lambert is converting us to a Championship side ?, we know what Gabby,Weimann,Delph,Vlaar,Guzan are capable of, even KEA Westwood and Lowton are playing in the right league .. so why so bad ? well after the last 2 games ... it has to be Lambert innit ?

Yes, Lerner out, is a given, he probably went to Alabama for the last game. If however he gave a shite about the Villa and even then if he stumped up some money Lambert would probably buy the rest of the Norwich team who will be going cheap after their upcoming relegation.

Sadly, I have to agree that its time to say... Lambert out.

I couldn't go today as I had a mates' wedding and I'm delighted I saved myself 50/60 notes.

I will say one thing though: I got told to shut up on here when I dared suggest months ago that Lambert's "brand" of football was every bit as bad as Alex McLeish's, if not worse. Where are those people now?

Some of them are over in the Lambert thread saying he's working on a long term project and doing OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all although elsewhere I have praised the villa travelling support, we do have  small minority of prats. Making noise at the minute silence today was shameful. The aggro with the palace fans was also rather annoying as some of us want to watch us lose rather than bait the home fans. I have to say the away end at Palace is the worst I have been following the Villa. I have been to better stands in League Two. Although many of us bemoan new plastic identkit stadiums, at least they have proper sightlines, decent concourses, no outside toilets, and proper segregation between home and away fans. It was a glorified potting shed and to charge over thirty quid for that is taking the piss.

Now the match. That was pile of crap wasn't it? Palace are a rubbish side, but a rubbish side which have been organised by a proper manager. A manager many of us may not like but the guy knows what he is doing. Which I can't see in Lambert. We tried to play for a point and failed. We left it to late to have a go by only bringing on Albrighton with 10 to go and a goal down.This is the pits, you could argue it is even worse than under McCluless as a set of fans we have really, really, tried hard  to buy into Lambert plan, but it is not working. We are going backwards and today had echoes of Wigan away under TSM 2 years ago. Then we lost Bent and just about stayed up, this time Benteke is out and its the same limp home to safety at best. For me Lambert is a dead man walking, he lost the crowd today and its no going back.Once the board see how low season ticket renewals will be, he will be sacked in the summer. I know he has a limited budget but the man has spent over 40 million on a side which is now going backwards. Ideally Lambert and the owner goes, but Lambert will be the fall guy. I am getting convinced this will happen now.

So a shit away day, a awful result and a realisation that our manager is on his way out. See you all at Southampton. UTV.

And that is the point. I would have Pulis as our manager in a heartbeat because I just don't think the players are as bad as Lambert is making them.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game and couldn't face MOTD so cannot comment. Not surprised we lost, just surprised it was only 0-1 !

Saturday could get very ugly down B6. It's been festering for a while and another turgid performance I think the fans will vent their anger on the lot of them , mainly lambert but some of these players aren't faultless

Just got back from London after going yesterday and was sat in the Palace Main Stand right opposite our away support.

I love our away support but they sadly let down by the few drunken idiots that shouted throughout the minutes silence and a few got ejected by stewards during the match... Our away fans are generally heralded by other clubs but the lack of respect during the minutes silence has tarred all Villa fans with the same brush now :(

Onto the game, the result was a disaster - Palace doing the double over us in a season and therefore leapfrog us in the table, practically ensuring their survival and endangering ours is just not good enough but the blame lies not just on Lambert, but the board and even the players who gave a half-arsed display that lacked any conviction or desire to win.

I was surprised to see us line-up with 3 centre backs and also the amount of times we managed to pass the ball straight out into the crowd, giving Palace a throw in.

I have to admit, I thought we controlled possession well in the first half (barring the poor passing at at times) but Palace were quite content to sit back and watch us spray the ball around the back and middle of the park whilst never putting their defence under any form of test. I got the impression, neither team wanted to lose and were happy with a point

Second half, Pulis sussed we weren't capable of scoring so chanced his hand, pushing his team forward to attack us and it paid off. A scrappy goal, but it counted nonetheless. They also hit the bar and post and could've been awarded a couple of pens but it was Speroni, with a cracking save that ensured all the points went to Palace.

Now, I personally didn't hear too many chants of Lambert Out or You Don't Know What You're Doing and there was a general atmosphere of apathy around the ground afterwards....

My team ratings:

Guzan: 6. Didn't have too much to do - could he have done better with the goal?

Lowton: 6. Played well, worked hard but until Albrighton had no one assisting him attack.

Vlaar: 6. Again, a good performance from Vlaar who actually looked bothered.

Baker. 5. Could've given away a silly penalty but did win the majority of aerial battles.

Clark: 5. Didn't do much wrong.

Bertrand: 6. Why was he subbed?? Had Puncheon in his pocket both ends of the pitch.

Delph: 5. At times good and others shocking, wasted many passes and didn't impose himself on the match.

Westwood: 5. Pretty much like Delph, tackled well but always too far away from the 'attack' to help out.

KEA: 5. Could tell he has missed a couple of games but was busy in the middle of the park.

Gabby: 2. Absolutely appalling - big fan of Gabby but he couldn't be bothered to try.....

Holt: 5. He has no pace, no skill but at least showed some desire and effort. Great knockdown for Weimann

Subs:

Albrighton: 6. Top marks for effort, still too many wayward crosses

Weimann: 5. Could've snatched a point with a decent flick but foiled by a great save.

Manager: 4. Too negative and couldn't find a way to deal with Palace's 8 man defence in the first half. Should've made changes sooner and subbed either Clark or Baker instead of Bertrand. Also should've put Tonev on for Gabby (or a training bib - it would've be more noticeable)

We're fast running out of games but I think we need 4 points from 5 games - they better come sooner rather than later to ease pressure on Lambert and the board....

I love our away support but they sadly let down by the few drunken idiots that shouted throughout the minutes silence and a few got ejected by stewards during the match... Our away fans are generally heralded by other clubs but the lack of respect during the minutes silence has tarred all Villa fans with the same brush now :(

The fans singing were the ones that weren't even in the ground so they weren't even aware of what was happening. And the people shouting were calling out down the stairs for people to shut up. 

I looked on Twitter last night and the Palace fans were slaughtering us for it. 

The fans singing were the ones that weren't even in the ground so they weren't even aware of what was happening. And the people shouting were calling out down the stairs for people to shut up. 

Fair enough, I was on the other side of the stadium - I did hear some 'shushes' going on though...

Fair enough, I was on the other side of the stadium - I did hear some 'shushes' going on though...

Yeah, the Villa fans inside the ground were definitely not chanting and were shushing too. Just one of them things.

• Like 1

The same thing happened at Hull a few mindless idiots at the bar bobbing off during the minutes silence for rememberence Sunday.  

Hi all,

Anyone who was in the away end at Palace on Saturday who'd be interested in speaking on 5Live at 8.20pm this evening drop me a line.

My number is 07500919150 / 01613356055 or twitter is @rmjb08.

Want someone who believes the manager should go and that there needs to be a big shake up at the club. Will be on 5Live Sport at the same time as our Midlands correspondent, Pat Murphy.

Thanks

Rory

Edited by parisvilla

Hi all,

Anyone who was in the away end at Palace on Saturday who'd be interested in speaking on 5Live at 8.20pm this evening drop me a line.

My number is 07500919150 / 01613356055 or twitter is @rmjb08.

Want someone who believes the manager should go and that there needs to be a big shake up at the club. Will be on 5Live Sport at the same time as our Midlands correspondent, Pat Murphy.

Thanks

Rory

Perhaps they will have surprise guest star, Randy Lerner, to talk to Pat. He would probably wet himself if that happened. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â