Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Ramsey is a lot of what's putting me off of the show. With Joffrey you hated him but couldn't stop watching it, Ramsey's entire character arc is a 'be a dick' it's boring and I've seen it before.

It feels like a few characters died too early, or this is the bad transition series and it'll pick up eventually. Jon has been good at least, and I'm even warming to Stannis

i dont get the fire lady. Why do they need to killl stannis daughter when all they needed before was blood from the other lad (got through leeches)? Stick a leech on her and win the war. EZ game

Edited by gharperr

The whole story line with the old man dying at the wall.... Am I supposed to care about that story line? Because I don't. 

I don't care about anything at the Wall, and never have.

It's why the climax of last season was such a disappointment for me. I couldn't give a shit about that battle or anyone involved in it.

Last night I actually fast forwarded the part where

Fat boy gets his end away with Gilly or whatever her name is

because I cared so little.

I kind of like the Bran stuff but I like all the mystical shit which I guess isn't for everyone. It'll be weird when he comes back next year as a gangly teenager.

The Wall is tedious at times but it tends to get better as the season goes on. Well, all the storylines do but that one most of all seems to benefit from the long game.

Winterfell is the one I can't stand at the minute. Ramsey is boring, Big Bolton dude doesn't seem to do anything and Brienne just spends her days staring at a **** window. At least Sansa is slowly but surely turning into a bit of a badass but it has been a frustrating experience to say the least.

I would include Dorne but it's hilariously bad so at least I get a giggle out of it.

I think part of the problem so far this season has been pace. They have absolutely bolted through plots at great speed to try and tell the story more efficiently than GRRM managed in the books. This has ruined Dorne, forced them to use dodgy rape scenes to short cut characters to where they need to be and crushed the Kings Landing politics stuff.

I think the season will slow down again now. With 3 episodes to go we get actual plot and development again. Tyrion meeting Danny is good - Cersei being banged up in the chokey alongside Loras and Margaery will pay off across 3 episodes. I just worry that Episode 9 will be two snow battles - one with Stannis and one with Jon. 

Its got my attention again after that episode but even if the last 3 is 3 hours of the best TV ever made in the world ever it still won't rescue this season for me. 

the problem is pace, its too quick for those who have read the books and too slow for those that haven't

dorne is a mess, the sons of harpy are under used, john snow has done nothing, sansa has been written like a hollyoaks character, arya has slowed right down and suffered from it (her and the hound were great scenes) brienne is doing nothing, varys hasnt been in the last 5 (?) episodes

its only really cersei and littlefinger that are interesting

Also - not wishing to rake up old rows - but this episodes Sansa and Ramsey stuff showed perfectly why you didn't need to invent a rape scene to show that Ramsey abuses Sansa and isn't a very nice man. 

the problem is pace, its too quick for those who have read the books and too slow for those that haven't

I think this is the biggest problem with tv shows based on books, you get the book readers whingeing about every little detail.

I'd say it's just as good/bad as previous seasons. Not great but something to watch.

It hasn't.

Season 3 was an incredible season of Television, climaxing in one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen (personal opinion)

Nothing in the following two seasons has come even remotely close to that.

Â