• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

It was an entertaining 2nd half but I always felt Fulham with that little bit more desire would snatch it. A very patched up Villa team with a lack of quality. I just hope 34 points is enough to stay up because I find we'll be lucky to pick up another point.

• Like 1

How in the **** hell Weimann is still starting the games?! Either our young players are so poor that they can't get a chance to show, or Weimann has somekind of pictures or something of Lambert.

• Like 2

Lords Lady's and Gentlemen may i present to you the awesome, the stunning, the wondrous, the tactical genius that is Mr Paul Lambert and his game changing substitution MR JORDAN BOWERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, he should've brought on Benteke, Gabby or Koza-

Never mind.

• Like 4

Lords Lady's and Gentlemen may i present to you the awesome, the stunning, the wondrous, the tactical genius that is Mr Paul Lambert and his game changing substitution MR JORDAN BOWERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, he should've brought on Benteke, Gabby or Koza-

Never mind.

Or Robinson?

• Like 4

Honestly I've found myself far more invested in Leicester over the past few months. This team, the management, it's completely dull and boring and inspires apathy. I haven't felt this way about Villa since I started supporting them 20 years ago.

is it because they're winning?

Too right. 

I don't think it was the worst performance, Especially considering players who didn't play ..

There is a lesson should be learnt ! One of Weimann or Holt should not play with the other, And the other lesson is Tonev should be getting the chance !

Anyway good signs from the game, I was fearing for the worst !

Next game assuming Gabby and Delph were there , This is the best formation :

Guzan ..

Lowton .. Vlaar .. Baker .. Bertrand ..

Albrighton .. Westwood .. Delph .. Tonev ..

Bacuna ..

Gabby ..

• Like 2

:rolleyes:

Honestly I've found myself far more invested in Leicester over the past few months. This team, the management, it's completely dull and boring and inspires apathy. I haven't felt this way about Villa since I started supporting them 20 years ago.

is it because they're winning?

Too right. 

:rolleyes: class support there...

I don't think it was the worst performance, Especially considering players who didn't play ..

There is a lesson should be learnt ! One of Weimann or Holt should not play with the other, And the other lesson is Tonev should be getting the chance !

Anyway good signs from the game, I was fearing for the worst !

Next game assuming Gabby and Delph were there , This is the best formation :

Guzan ..

Lowton .. Vlaar .. Baker .. Bertrand ..

Albrighton .. Westwood .. Delph .. Tonev ..

Bacuna ..

Gabby ..

He'll play Gabby, Weimann and Holt.

Bowery was obviously brought in the last few minutes as we were just gonna have to launch it as soon as we got it with Fulham just holding the ball in the corners.

• Like 1

There's going to be a lot of strong reactions on here tonight, which is fair enough. The performance was weak overall. However, to be fair, we were missing all of our best players bar Vlaar and Guzan. At least 5 players who would normally start were absent. That's a big loss for any team, and we didn't deal well enough with it. 

The negatives first of all - Bennett was dreadful. That's no surprise. Lots of people were busy saying, 'give him a go' etc after the Chelsea game, but I never agreed with that. Even in that Chelsea game, he sort of got away with a foul on the halfway line which another ref, on another day, might have sent him off for. He was also responsible for the last minute winner at Newcastle. Today, a dreadfully misplaced backpass that should have gifted them a goal, and then his defending for their first. Honestly, watch it on MOTD. It's like a textbook example of how not to do everything. He jogs away from his man, back into the penalty area. Doesn't close him down. Doesn't tackle him. Doesn't move towards the ball. Doesn't mark another player. Doesn't, in fact, do anything except jog away from the ball while watching the Fulham player over his shoulder. Play Luna next time. 

Another negative was the substitutions. We were too happy to continue on until things went wrong. Tonev for Bennett should have happened at half time. And what on earth was the point of bringing Bowery on for thirty seconds at the end? Does he have some debts with the bailiff, where he desperately needs the appearance fee or something?

There were a couple of positives, though, which shouldn't get lost in the fury - Albrighton was outstanding again. This lad needs to be given a new deal ASAP. I'm starting to worry we're going to lose him. He's pretty much our best player at the moment, and time and again he created great chances our forwards just didn't put away. We need him, bottom line. It was also good to see Holt score, although I'm guessing any sort of confidence boost will be destroyed by the dreadful miss 5 minutes later. 

Overall, another poor performance, another season where we're wondering how to avoid relegation. I still think we'll do it, but of course we're going to make sure we don't avoid it until the 37th game at least. That's what we do. UTV. 

• Like 3

Â