• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

The injury list again: wBenteke; Okore; Delph; Gabby; Kozak; KEA; N'Zogbia.

Every single one arguably a starter. Get a grip everyone.

Missed the game today through work. Was having a fit when I saw the score. But to be fair with all these players out today, there was never gonna be a positive result from this one really.

• Like 1

We won't get relegated, but something has to change

Why not? Until today I was with you, but not anymore. We have a proper midfielder on the bench in Sylla who could harass the opposition. Lambert waits til 90 +1 minutes to bring in another attacker. Who did he take out? The only one cabable of doing something in Albrighton. Waste of space manager.

So poor, no quality. We're going to be relegated unless things change quickly.

We won't be relegated this season, but it'll be interesting to see what Lambert does in the summer. 3 more strikers and a couple of extra left-backs should do the trick.

You joke, but we're going to end up needing players for both of those positions. Unfortunately, we're still about 7 or 8 players away from having an adequate Premier League squad, as the dismal team sheet this afternoon proved. 

7 or 8? Our squad isn't too bad when everyone's fit, it's just that right now we've been decimated by injuries.

Okay, trying to look at it as dispassionately as possible, I strongly feel we need a left back, a right back, a hard-tackling defensive midfielder, a number 10, a wide player on the left, and a decent quality striker. Fair enough, that's only 6. 

Why not? Until today I was with you, but not anymore. We have a proper midfielder on the bench in Sylla who could harass the opposition. Lambert waits til 90 +1 minutes to bring in another attacker. Who did he take out? The only one cabable of doing something in Albrighton. Waste of space manager.

Oh come on - Sylla's been shocking this season.

Okay, trying to look at it as dispassionately as possible, I strongly feel we need a left back, a right back, a hard-tackling defensive midfielder, a number 10, a wide player on the left, and a decent quality striker. Fair enough, that's only 6. 

What do you define as an "adequate" Premier League squad though? Honestly, with a couple of additions I think our squad would be adequate (not necessarily good) just so long as we didn't get **** over by injuries.

Edited by Mantis

Injuries didn't really have anything to do with the poor defending for the second goal. It was just crap defending. It does concern me greatly that people are able to just brush this aside as acceptable because of injuries. Our 9th loss at home this season, including losing to Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and thrashed by Stoke, and outplayed by Sheffield United with fairly strong line ups in those games. It doesn't require Man City's money to be competitive at home and make it difficult for teams to win, particularly teams with incredibly bad away records. It just requires good management and organisation. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

Lords Lady's and Gentlemen may i present to you the awesome, the stunning, the wondrous, the tactical genius that is Mr Paul Lambert and his game changing substitution MR JORDAN BOWERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, he should've brought on Benteke, Gabby or Koza-

Never mind.

Or Robinson?

Or deep in injury time not take off one of the best players on the pitch and maybe take off a defender instead. You know cause were losing and maybe want to score.

• Like 1

Just got back for what will be the last time. I will not watch another piece of crap performance with this lame duck of a manager in charge. Gave them one last chance today, they blew it.

First and foremost, that line up was shocking. The way we were set up smacked of a desperate man scratching for ideas, and all 11 looked like they barely knew each other.

Yet again it was a typical Lambert home performance really. Flat, insipid, very negative and without any clear cohesive plan other than once again hoof the ball to the big man up front. We nearly lost the game on extremely poor mistakes from the numpties that make up our defence alone. Albrighton was lively and it was nice to see Holt score but it was a gifted chance really.

Fulham were crap but we were worse, to say that against the bottom side in the league is very depressing. They had some chances and they took them. We just had no ideas.

There is a cancer at the club and his name is Lerner. But his yes-man manager is to blame for the crap we see on the pitch. He's clearly not the manager we thought he'd be and I hope he isn't our manager next season.

I'm just so depressed. I feel like the club I used to love has been taken away and replaced by something that is so sterile, flat and pointless.

• Like 4

Missed the game today through work. Was having a fit when I saw the score. But to be fair with all these players out today, there was never gonna be a positive result from this one really.

There s no way if all of those players were fit they would be on the field together.

As people have said, we're pretty bad but I think there are a few worse teams (one of which is* Fulham, ironically) 

Edited by VERB27

There s no way if all of those players were fit they would be on the field together.

Okore, Delph, Benteke, KEA and Gabby would and N'Zogbia and Kozak would be on the bench.

• Like 1

Okore, Delph, Benteke, KEA and Gabby would and N'Zogbia and Kozak would be on the bench.

Isnt that basically what I said.

People keep blaming injuries...have people forgotten that we've been dog shit pretty much all year...

Okore's been injured for just about the whole year. Benteke for about a third of it - remember, he's the guy that saved us from relegation last season.

We haven't been dog shit all year, we've had good times and bad times. We're having bad times particularly now because the injury list is actually so bad it's taking the piss.

The fact that, regardless of the players we bought in, we struggled without just 2 players, shows that the squad isn't good enough.

We've managed to win a handful of games against the big teams, yet he doesn't seem to motivate the players for the games that we actually should win...

He's spent money that he's had badly, Helenius is a prime example. If you can't buy well, don't buy at all. He's spent £50m since he's been here and he's actually weakened the team. Don't just buy for the sake of it...especially when he brings in Bennett-shit and Bowery-terrible.

If you're happy to accept another season of this, I'm happy for you. I'm certainly not happy to accept this. I didn't renew this year and I've only been to 2 awful games...it won't change next year. I'm not paying to watch the crap football we play.

We all love Villa, but I just cannot see how Lambert has proved he can take us forward.

• Like 2

Â