• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

There s no way if all of those players were fit they would be on the field together.

Okore, Delph, Benteke, KEA and Gabby would and N'Zogbia and Kozak would be on the bench.

Isnt that basically what I said.

Not really, considering I said "arguably". And I don't think it would be the most ridiculous thing in the universe if they did all play at the same time. Not by a long way.

Get Lambert Out!!! He has brought in 16-17 players. Other then vllar, benteke, guzan, westwood and maybe bacuna none of them are good enough.

Shambolic again today. Offered no threat other then from a set piece. Lambert setting up our team to win a point at home to fulham is nothing short of a disgrace. Baker is not good enough to even be our 4th choice central defender. Slow, clumsy, and utter turd.

Playing a left back in central midfield?! Lambert hasnt a clue has he. He has to go.

Huge defeat. Can anyone see us getting more than 1 point from our next 3 games? Palace away, saints home, swansea away. I can't. If that is the case then I really think we could go down if we fail to beat hull after those games as the last 2 are city and spurs away. We needed to get at least a point today. With benteke out for the season it aint looking good. I think we will JUST stay up but its going to be close

The fact that, regardless of the players we bought in, we struggled without just 2 players, shows that the squad isn't good enough.

We've managed to win a handful of games against the big teams, yet he doesn't seem to motivate the players for the games that we actually should win...

He's spent money that he's had badly, Helenius is a prime example. If you can't buy well, don't buy at all. He's spent £50m since he's been here and he's actually weakened the team. Don't just buy for the sake of it...especially when he brings in Bennett-shit and Bowery-terrible.

If you're happy to accept another season of this, I'm happy for you. I'm certainly not happy to accept this. I didn't renew this year and I've only been to 2 awful games...it won't change next year. I'm not paying to watch the crap football we play.

We all love Villa, but I just cannot see how Lambert has proved he can take us forward.

Do you know for sure that Helenius is fit? He was certainly injured pretty recently. He's been on the pitch for us for about 70 minutes and scored 1 goal. Your "prime example" is a prime example of nothing.

So now he's spent FIFTY million, eh? Wow, it keeps going up. I'd be fascinated if you could back up that claim with a factual list of our purchases and their prices.

Your claim that Lambert "can't motivate the players" would be perfectly reasonable if he had enough quality at his disposal. He doesn't because he hasn't had nearly, nearly enough money to spend. Bottom line, end of story. Why can't people take that into account?

I don't blame you for not renewing your season ticket. Aston Villa have really served up some rubbish lately, but the manager has not had a fair chance to show what he might be able to do because WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. And the fact that we don't have any money should be making us realise that we aren't going to attract a better manager than Lambert in a million billion years.

That's disgusting, in 7 of those games we didn't even score a goal.

As I said in another thread, it's shocking how many games we lose at home. Think we've only drawn twice at home all season.

We won't get relegated, but something has to change

Why not? Until today I was with you, but not anymore. We have a proper midfielder on the bench in Sylla who could harass the opposition. Lambert waits til 90 +1 minutes to bring in another attacker. Who did he take out? The only one cabable of doing something in Albrighton. Waste of space manager.

Oh come on - Sylla's been shocking this season.

Okay, trying to look at it as dispassionately as possible, I strongly feel we need a left back, a right back, a hard-tackling defensive midfielder, a number 10, a wide player on the left, and a decent quality striker. Fair enough, that's only 6. 

What do you define as an "adequate" Premier League squad though? Honestly, with a couple of additions I think our squad would be adequate (not necessarily good) just so long as we didn't get **** over by injuries.

Fair question, I'll do my best to answer. An adequate squad would be one that won more than 25% of its home games. It would be one that got to the end of gameweek 33 without the fans having a very real fear of relegation yet again. And above all, it would be one in which two injuries to central midfielders - I'll allow 3 counting N'Zogbia - didn't necessitate playing a left-back there instead. You made a point about Sylla, and how dreadful he's been - I agree - but that's part of what I'm saying. He's a 'squad player' who is so bad that a left back is played ahead of him in his preferred position. He can't be a part of an 'adequate squad', whatever we end up agreeing that means. 

Also, I have to take issue with "so long as we didn't get f***** over by injuries". They're a part of the game, we need to be able to cope with them. These injuries, and a pasting at Man City, would be fair enough, but we did just play the team at the bottom of the table with the worst away record in the league. An 'adequate squad' would be able to cope with that. 

There are some good players in the squad, and unfortunately they're the ones that are injured. However, they will be ones who get injured, because they play more football. Teams who finish safely in mid-table have squads that can cope with injuries. We don't, which is why I say we need at least 6 signings in the positions I identified in the summer.

• Like 1

Injuries are a part of the game but we've had pretty bad luck with them this season, not so much the quantity but the length of the injury lay-offs and who has been affected by them.

Not that I don't think we need more players to have an adequate squad, I just think 7 or 8 is overdoing it.

The fact that, regardless of the players we bought in, we struggled without just 2 players, shows that the squad isn't good enough.

We've managed to win a handful of games against the big teams, yet he doesn't seem to motivate the players for the games that we actually should win...

He's spent money that he's had badly, Helenius is a prime example. If you can't buy well, don't buy at all. He's spent £50m since he's been here and he's actually weakened the team. Don't just buy for the sake of it...especially when he brings in Bennett-shit and Bowery-terrible.

If you're happy to accept another season of this, I'm happy for you. I'm certainly not happy to accept this. I didn't renew this year and I've only been to 2 awful games...it won't change next year. I'm not paying to watch the crap football we play.

We all love Villa, but I just cannot see how Lambert has proved he can take us forward.

Do you know for sure that Helenius is fit? He was certainly injured pretty recently. He's been on the pitch for us for about 70 minutes and scored 1 goal. Your "prime example" is a prime example of nothing.

So now he's spent FIFTY million, eh? Wow, it keeps going up. I'd be fascinated if you could back up that claim with a factual list of our purchases and their prices.

Your claim that Lambert "can't motivate the players" would be perfectly reasonable if he had enough quality at his disposal. He doesn't because he hasn't had nearly, nearly enough money to spend. Bottom line, end of story. Why can't people take that into account?

I don't blame you for not renewing your season ticket. Aston Villa have really served up some rubbish lately, but the manager has not had a fair chance to show what he might be able to do because WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. And the fact that we don't have any money should be making us realise that we aren't going to attract a better manager than Lambert in a million billion years.

My opinion is my opinion, yours is yours. A lot of people agree with me, a lot of people agree with you.

If you want to look up the information and check if I'm right, then do so, but I'm certainly not wasting my time.

We aren't good enough in my opinion. If you're happy with things as they I then excellent!

Just go back from Villa Park, my son and I drove back in stunned silence. This game IMO tops all the other shambolic performances at Villa Park. Yes we had our moments but Fulham could have and maybe should have scored a couple more. We probably deserved another too but no way did  we deserve to win that game and worryingly we never looked like we would. The bottom line is we were totally shite for virtually the entire game. We made a side with a -40 goal difference look good. As ever we fail to defend properly, how much space did Richardson have?? And we cannot convert the chances we had - no change there then.

Lambert is a clueless excuse of a manager who cannot get the team to do the basics right. If we survive this season and on current form I seriously doubt we will I think we would be relegated next season. We have a paper thin squad of mostly average championship grade players bought by Lambert with the net effect that when we have a few injuries our starting 11 is week and our subs bench a joke. I actually laughed out loud when I saw our substitutes.

Add to that our disinterested absentee owner and you have a recipe for disaster. 

• Like 2

Just got back from the game, why we didn't shut up shop at 1-1 I don't know.  For a home team, against bottom of the league, how open we were was shambolic.

Bennett started well then as soon as he made one of his usual awful mistakes, it completely affected his game. I think mentally he can't handle the pressure.

Grant Holt was far our best player which was worrying and he did pretty much what you'd ask from him. Bacuna also had a decent game. Everyone else was poor too average which I think sums them up quite well. 

I have to say just how awful Baker is. He has two attributes, bravery and 50/50 headers. If he is given time to header, the amount of time he headed aimlessly to a Fulham player was unbelievably bad. He has zero composure on the ball (nearly gifted them a goal) and as soon as any pace came on, he simply couldn't cope. How he starts beyond Clark is beyond me and if Lambert rates him that lowly, I'd hope he sells them both.

I still think we are involved in this relegation scrape and I'm certainly not optimistic someone like Gabby coming back will save us. If we do stay up and we get similar levels of investments as the last too seasons, then the writing really is on the wall. Too many players just aren't good enough and with are better players coming back from long injuries, who knows how they will perform.

Edited by JoeParker91
  • Like 1

Get Lambert Out!!! He has brought in 16-17 players.

Go on, list them. WITH purchase price.

Guzan

Bowery

Sylla

Westwood

Bacuna

Luna

Bennett

Lowton

Steer

Benteke

Vllar

Okore

Westwood

El alhmadi

Kozak

Holt

Tonev

Bertrand

Helnius

Thats actually 19.

And NO im not naming prices for each. He has spent a REPORTED £40 million in just two seasons. So its a MYTH that he hasnt had money to spend.

He has to go.

• Like 4

Â