Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

The thing is - this is us (12th) against bottom of the league opposition. They are there for a reason, as we are 12th for the many reasons trotted out.

The random factor of Aston Villa makes this a difficult game to call. An ideal afternoon for sniffing glue.

BTW - I loved the reference in a prior post to this being a 'low wattage' firxture. LOL.

• Like 1

A Villa match not on TV? Sounds odd.

Hopefully a win but even a draw wouldnt be bad for us here, off the back of two 4-1 losses.

If KEA is fit then I think Lambert will go for:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Bertrand

KEA Westwood Delph

Agbonlahor Albrighton

Benteke

If KEA is not fit then possibly sylla in for him or bacuna in the middle and Lowton.

I don't think gabby lacks confidence, just hunger, drive and motivation

He does seem to lack hunger. He looks like he's been on a two month eating spree. I'm not going to go so far as to say he's got nothing else to his game, but Gabby's pace is obviously his biggest threat. He's looking overweight and well off the pace at the moment. I'd bench him for the next match (Albrighton in his place and KEA back in the midfield) and I'd have him running a few extra sprints in training too.

We need to have a good April. Let's start with Fulham, please.

The problem with Gabby is that he knows and we all know when fit he is guaranteed his place in the team not only due to the injury to Kozak but the way in which we are set up to play.

I'd give him a mighty kick in the bollocks by dropping him and playing Albrighton in his place. Tonev would be the other alternative but, well, he just isn't very good is he.

I really don't know what to expect against Fulham after our last two performances. If we lose and other results go against us then we're definitely back in the shit again. If we win then bar a catastrophic collapse we should be safe.

Maybe a draw to keep us all on edge for another week or two.

Edited by shaggy

My mate who I went to uni with (not a Villa fan, or even a football fan really, but has a soft spot for Villa thanks to me) is coming up from South Wales for this one. As I live up North, we normally catch up in Birmingham and go to a match once a season. He came to the QPR game last season, and loved it. Hopefully we'll see a similar result and atmosphere! That said, I've been to three home games this season, and not seen us win yet (I did go to Sunderland away though). I hope I break my home duck for the season.