Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Watching fulham today, delefeou kept getting the ball and running down the right wing as risse spent the game by the half way line, so if we keep albrighton in there he could do a similar job, but i fully expect us to revert to the 3 midfielders and 3 strikers playing at arms length from each other in a narrow corridor, whilst guzan gets the ball and kicks it in the general direction of benteke.

1-1 draw.

I actually thought Tonev looked quite bright when he came on yesterday, he made more of a positive contribution in 15 minutes than Weimann did in 90, I'd start the former for the latter.

Must win game - I really hope the players have realised that we arent quite safe yet. After two dogshit performances they need to earn their wages this time.

Fulham are turd at the moment, but I just have a bad feeling about any crap team that comes to play us with Lambert at the helm. We can raise our game once in a while but the mistakes, lack of effort by some of the seniors  and a general lack of skill throughout the team always come creeping in against sides like Fulham.

Bracing myself for a highly embarassing 0-2 or 0-3 loss, Mitroglou to finally break his duck in English football after brushing aside Clark/Baker and Steve Sidwell to score off his knee as usual after some sloppy marking by Clark/Baker.

I reckon we'll crawl over the line after relying on their being 3 worse teams as per the last 3 seasons. Highly depressing being a Villa fan right now.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I'm hopeful KEA will be back for this one - if he is, then one from Albrighton, Gabby and Weimann is likely to make way - I'd like to keep Albrighton in down the right and unfortunately our second best left sided player is currently on loan at Notts County so it'll still be Gabby down the left for me with Weimann the man losing out.

It might be worth trying Delph down the left with KEA and Westwood central, but I'm not sure if it'd be too lightweight - I'm not sure Westwood is at his best in a two man midfield.

Our lack of left sided players limits us to what we can do tactically and is a big problem for those who want to see Gabby out of the side - personally I still believe in Gabby and I think he'll score in a 3-1 win.

1-1 wouldn't be the end of the universe

No but it was just be very underwhelming. Which sums up Villa at the moment. Fulham are crap, let in goals for fun and have for years been useless away from home. We should win this but like you I just see a 1-1 last on MOTD with 32,000 at the ground, sort of game.

Surely Lambert can't be defended if we fail to win this one. Fulham are the rubbing rags of the division and pretty much nailed on to go down in bottom place. Anything other than a Villa win is just totally unacceptable.

I can see us struggling. We never seem to play well against Fulham and the pressure will be high after the last two games.

I would like to see Lambert make some changes in the starting XI. Drop Gabby and Weimann, they haven't brought anything to the team for a while now. Give Albrighton and Tonev a start, they should both be hungry to prove themselves and I feel they could give Fulhams's old boys a few problems. I'd be loathe to drop Benteke as he does have goals in him, but another performance like yesterdays would be unacceptable. Delph, Westwood and KEA in midfield, looking for the most part like a decent midfield unit. Lowton, Vlaar, Baker and Bennett in defence.

This is a must win as opposed to, a must not lose. The sooner we get over the 40+ point mark, the better.

Disagree, it's a good to win game as then we can breathe a sigh of relief. We don't need to hit 40 points to be safe.

And more than counteracted the 'technical assist' by doing nothing for the eighty-five minutes that followed it other than giving the ball away which led to two of their goals.

• Like 3

We never score last minute winners do we?

The last time we actually did was 2 years ago when Andi Weimann surprised us all by doing the business at the death against guess who? Yes. Fulham.

Also, Fulham have conceded more late goals than any other Premiership team this season.

Let's hope history & statistics do us all a big big favour next week though I'd much prefer a straight forward & comfortable 7-0 win instead of enduring  all the agony until a last minute goal in our favour.

Anyway - Whatever happens, please Villa, DO NOT LOSE THIS ******* GAME!

That goal was made by Barry Bannan

nope, it was a Gary Gardner long range effort that schwarzer palmed into weimanns path, who knocked it over the keeper.

Edited by Jimzk5