• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

We're an inconsistent, mid table side. We'll beat Chelsea one week then look awful the next. We've done it all year.

If anything we're very consistent at home, consistently **** shit.

Actually, we've been the very definition of inconsistent at home in the past few months.

Dreadful against Palace, West Ham and Stoke yet fantastic against West Brom, Norwich and Chelsea.

We were not fantastic against West Brom and Norwich. For 15 mins we looked like the best team on the planet v Norwich. Other than that, it was pretty dire stuff. West Brom, could have easily swung the other way - Again, 2nd half, we were awful. Such an inability to keep the ball.

Chelsea. Ok, we were resilient and excellent defensively. Chris Foy played a mammoth part and bar the last 20 minutes, our execution in the final third was as poor as your likely to see at this level. More wasteful passing, aimless crossing and dribbling down blind alleys. Same drivel we've been watching for years.

Why don't you go and watch someone else then. We beat one if the best teams in the world...yes, the world... fair and square but that isn't good enough for you.

I am sick to death of listening to 'supporters' like you.

What are you talking about? Completely missed the point, whilst you were ranting childishly. My point is that we are never fantastic (as Mantis indicated) - certainly not for a full game which probably leads to inconsistencies. You wont win many playing well for a short period of the game (like we did v Norwich) and it also makes you open to a good thumping.

• Like 1

Went home on 65minutes at 1-3.......never ever gone so early, in 50 years as a fan.

Utterly spineless performance....if I was the manager, I would be ashamed of that.

Forget the word confidence.....this is about attitude.

Spineless support, i'd be ashamed of that. Good job the players don't jack it in on 65 mins no matter how bad they played
The players jacked it in (mentally) on about 20 minutes.

No they didn't...they got beat by the better team on the day.

Well you could have fooled me. After our first goal, they lost all focus and intensity, sat back, allowed Stoke acres of space in midfield and, more disastrously in front of goal. If ever a team looked like it had switched off, this was it. As Paul Lambert said, we were second best and didn't deserve anything from the game. Harsh words for him.

There are no 'overreactions'. This poor situation has been going on for far too long but some fans just accept their fate with the same pathetic attitude that the team has.

So what are you going to do about it then?

Pathetic response.

Oh I see, have a little seethe on the internet and then nothing again then. That'll show the club how unacceptable you think the game was.

1-4 at home to Stoke, it happens.

Well, actually, you know, it doesn't very often! 

Before today, we had only lost to Stoke in the league at Villa Park 5 times since the end of World War 2 (1946/7, 1951/2, 1963/4, 1965/6 and 1987/8 since you ask). The heaviest defeat was 1-3 in 1963. We had never lost at home to them in the Premier League before today.

So, in a small way, today represented a new low in our history of games against Stoke.

We're an inconsistent, mid table side. We'll beat Chelsea one week then look awful the next. We've done it all year.

If anything we're very consistent at home, consistently **** shit.
Actually, we've been the very definition of inconsistent at home in the past few months.

Dreadful against Palace, West Ham and Stoke yet fantastic against West Brom, Norwich and Chelsea.

We were not fantastic against West Brom and Norwich. For 15 mins we looked like the best team on the planet v Norwich. Other than that, it was pretty dire stuff. West Brom, could have easily swung the other way - Again, 2nd half, we were awful. Such an inability to keep the ball.

Chelsea. Ok, we were resilient and excellent defensively. Chris Foy played a mammoth part and bar the last 20 minutes, our execution in the final third was as poor as your likely to see at this level. More wasteful passing, aimless crossing and dribbling down blind alleys. Same drivel we've been watching for years.

Why don't you go and watch someone else then. We beat one if the best teams in the world...yes, the world... fair and square but that isn't good enough for you.

I am sick to death of listening to 'supporters' like you.

What are you talking about? Completely missed the point, whilst you were ranting childishly. My point is that we are never fantastic (as Mantis indicated) - certainly not for a full game which probably leads to inconsistencies. You wont win many playing well for a short period of the game (like we did v Norwich) and it also makes you open to a good thumping.

Ur paragraph about the Chelsea game mate....read it again. Did we really play that badly (finishing as poor as ur likely to see, wasteful passing, poor crossing, running down blind alleys, same drivel we've been watching for years)

All that and we beat the team at the top of the league!!

I think U missed MY point

I would put in an appeal for calm but it seems somewhat pointless.

We lost. To stoke. It happened. Get over it. It could have been SHA.

And please can people stop with this 'I'm a better fan than you' rubbish. You don't get any prizes for being a better fan. We all largely pay the same to sit in the same area of the ground to watch the same team. Those of you that are able to go home and away well done to you. Doesn't make you any better than anyone else. Just means you have more disposable income to do so.

Grow up people.

Now to the game:

We weren't very good yes, but that's how we have been since I can remember - a blinding result one week where suddenly there's England call ups being mentioned & challenging for cups next season, then a terrible one the next when suddenly we're doomed to relegation, sack everyone we're not good enough.

We are an inconsistent, midtable team and that is our lot. I appreciate it's difficult to step back and look at it like that after a defeat such as this, and a victory like last week

Let's just continue on our merry way and look forward to seeing who we buy in the summer.

• Like 2

Stoke hadn't scored more than three goals in a game this season.

Stoke hadnt won away since August.

I do believe it's also Stoke's biggest win at Villa park, ever. Way to break another record Villa/Lambert

• Like 1

Went with a mate who's never been to VP before. I doubt he'll be going again.

I doubt he is still your mate.

I would not have taken my worst enemy to witness that pile of shite yesterday.

Dreadful performance. Don't think Stoke were that great either. Could've been a dour 0-0 on another day but they were clinical and our defending was awful.

No doubt there'll be overreactions (not to this game, but to our general situation). Nothing you can do really but tell it how it is (it was a shit performance) and move on.

Move on

To what?

Exactly. This is what boils my piss.

Too many fans happy to accept the most abysmal home form in our history. I for one am not **** happy to pay £350+ per season to watch this sack of scabs.

• Like 2

A terrible off day for us; too many players had a poor performance and we cannot afford that no matter who we play. We need a kick up the backside and to change the team a bit but unfortunately the elevn almost picks itself.

I don't like to criticise players but I was very angry with Baker's performance after playing so well against Chelsea last week and then to single-handedly gift them two goals was really bad. Agbonlahor was woeful and so too Sylla. Three passengers is three too many for us to have any chance of winning a football match! My reaction when Holt was brought on was laughter and I think he touched the ball once.

I thought Stoke are a poor team and were not the better team they just bullied us and several of their challenges were unpunished early on which set the tone of the game. If I was Lambert i'd complain to the FA about that.

First time Stoke have ever scored 4 away from home in the Premier League.

Bad day at the office.. it's how we bounce back which is important now. Tough game at Old Trafford, and then a biggy against Fulham. Come away with those 2 with no points and it's squeaky bum time again.

Â