Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Connor Wickham is available from Sunderland!!!

Straight swap offer for Weimann maybe? :)

Has been stealing a living for 4 years, has had about 4 good games in his career with 12 months left on his deal and now wants a big fat pay rise. I actually feel sorry for Sunderland.

The guy is a right cock.

He kept them up.

Took him a while to find his scoring touch but whenether I saw him I thought he looked like a really good player. Seems to be the kind to drop deep a lot, reminds me a bit of Teddy Sheringham.

Seems a bit low of him to asking for pay rise though, although apparently Colback was on six thousand pounds a week and that's why he left, so maybe it's a similar situation with Whickham.

If he is available I would be all for us making a move for Wickham. Can't see Helenius coming back and we do have a nice number 9 shirt up for grabs. Wickham seemed to be more than just a big target man for the 2nd half of last season.

I can see Kozak getting the no.9 shirt this season if he wants it.

Anyone take Fellaini on loan? Probably not a position we need right now but it'd be immense having him in the no 10 role being a nuisance. Would love for our midfield to be more physical and he looks like one of the many to be departing from old Trafford

He's shite as a number 10 but would be OK in the centre. Especially by the standard of our midfield.

Still, he'll never come here. And that doesn't bother me because he's a horrible clearing in the woods.

If he is available I would be all for us making a move for Wickham. Can't see Helenius coming back and we do have a nice number 9 shirt up for grabs. Wickham seemed to be more than just a big target man for the 2nd half of last season.

Kozak is number 27 

Kozak is number 27 

Ah I see that now, didn't realise they were made official the other day.

Looking like we'll need to offload a few more bodies now. As things stand we've got the following over 21s at the club:

GK

Guzan
Given

Def

Baker

Bennett

Vlaar

Okore

Clark

Senderos

Hutton

Cissokho

Lowton

Stevens

Mid

Bacuna

El Ahmadi

Cole

Westwood

Delph

Herd

Richardson

Gardner

Att

Weimann

Agbonlahor

Bent

Benteke

Kozak

That's 25 there. Sanchez makes 26, so you'd assume Stevens would be the player not included, but if we sign another one or two, who gets the chop next? Herd would probably be the first name anyway. The second, if we needed it, would be tricker to call. Lowton out on loan would mean no RB cover, so if we keep Vlaar maybe Clark or Baker to the Championship? Even that could be a risk. I'm sure if we can get a taker for Bent he'd be off, but that's unlikely to happen. 

Personally I'd get rid of Clark and either Bennett or Stevens.  Vlaar could go as well, I reckon LvG will wait til late in the window and try get him cheap for Man u as we might get desperate to offload him for a fee instead of losing him for nothing next year if he doesn't sign a contract.

According to our squad page on the premierleague website,

Baker, Bacuna, Gardner and Weimann will count as under 21 players and should be allowed to supplement the 25 man squad. (For some reason Grealish doesn't appear as under 21 even though he's the only one who actually is ?)

According to our squad page on the premierleague website,

Baker, Bacuna, Gardner and Weimann will count as under 21 players and should be allowed to supplement the 25 man squad. (For some reason Grealish doesn't appear as under 21 even though he's the only one who actually is ?)

That's got to be last year's. Baker is 23 now for starters