Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Connor Wickham is available from Sunderland!!!

Straight swap offer for Weimann maybe? :)

Has been stealing a living for 4 years, has had about 4 good games in his career with 12 months left on his deal and now wants a big fat pay rise. I actually feel sorry for Sunderland.

The guy is a right cock.

He kept them up.

...and?

If the Sanchez deal doesn't happen, would anyone take Anderson?

He's looked pretty dreadful for a long, long time, and has been the butt of many jokes. But he seems like the kind of player that Stoke/ Sunderland/ QPR would pick up, and 2 months later we'd all be saying "We should have gone for him".

Much like Huddlestone, who was completely forgotten about at Spurs, and has now turned into a decent buy for Hull.

If the Sanchez deal doesn't happen, would anyone take Anderson?

He's looked pretty dreadful for a long, long time, and has been the butt of many jokes. But he seems like the kind of player that Stoke/ Sunderland/ QPR would pick up, and 2 months later we'd all be saying "We should have gone for him".

Much like Huddlestone, who was completely forgotten about at Spurs, and has now turned into a decent buy for Hull.

My brother and dad really like Anderson but I feel he never consistently performs and makes many silly mistakes.

I think taking anyone from United, who are in general trained well, is a good move and Anderson definitely has lots of talent, but he's a guy who has never found his right role and I'm not sure at Villa we'd find it either.

I wouldn't say no though, he's not actually a bad player, I think perhaps he's got some attitude and managers don't trust him and that's fair enough, you have to work hard to be a good player.

I agree with Huddlestone, we definitely missed a chance at signing someone decent there but we always seem to miss the safer gambles.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Gnabry on loan is the latest Twitter guff apparently.

Good talent to be honest but I haven't seen enough of him myself. Not sure he would be capable of playing in and out. Besides, he should go to the championship first or we might as well use one of our own.

Good talent to be honest but I haven't seen enough of him myself. Not sure he would be capable of playing in and out. Besides, he should go to the championship first or we might as well use one of our own.

No he is very good and would 100% get in our team, not a Grealish threat either very different player. He is more like a decent version of Bacuna.

Dont see him getting the game time he needs at Arsenal so you never know. Don't see Arsene sending him to us though not a lot of similarities in the way we play.

Is that who it is? Saw the same guff about Villa and Arsenal officials meeting in that London. I speculated Joel Campbell on loan maybe?

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

If you cannot be bothered to stay in shape to play for a club like United then frankly, what chance does anyone else have.

The guy is an absolute disgrace.

"Absolute disgrace" Oh the dramatics :rolleyes:

He is paid £60k a week, I am guessing. I am in better shape than that guy.

Rather Campbell or a long shot at Sanogo on loan than Gnabry!!

Would like it, but, could hinder Grealish's development so unsure really.

I don't think so because Gnabry would play on the right.

Yeah that's the only place I have seen him play. Still, it would be welcome as a loan from my view but I hope we get someone on in the midfield before that. If anything, gnabry would probably compete with weimann and I don't think that will be too hard if you look at our last season.

If we're going to loan someone, I think we should go for players that there's a chance we could sign in a year or two, instead of players like Gnabry who are on the up, and will never end up here permanently.

Obviously we couldn't get a player of his standard, but like the Lukaku to Everton loan, or Borini to Sunderland.