Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

theboyangel:  Absolutely NO LEGS up top there.  Imagine trying to counter with Joe Cole :o

Legs come from Richardson and Bacuna out wide and Delph to continue bombing forward - Cole's position can be rotated with the likes of N'Zogbia, Weimann, Gabby etc

(maybe Cole wasn't the right first pick at AM - but that's what he's here for!)

The Dutch system could be the way forward also we have players that can play all those roles

proxy.jpg?t=HBgjaHR0cDovL3NoYXJlbXl0YWN0

That team looks vaguely okay. We might even come about 13th with that so that is progress.
We'd get completely over run with that system. Not that I enjoy negative tactics but that midfield has nothing to protect the 3 centre halfs at all.

If we do not buy a DM I personally would (but lambert won't) Play Clarke in a holding role in a 532. Should the Wing backs get caught up field you at the very least can quickly shuffle to crate a back 4 or stay as a DM with the 3 behind.

Then you I would go with Delph & Bacuna because of their energy levels. One could make a run while the other patrols the space between the box & DM.

Up top it'll be who partners Gabby, you could go with AW or JC. Letting Cole drop off.

I think we'd be a much better defensive unit & harder to breakdown.

GK Guzan

RWB Lowton

CB Okore

CB Vlaar

CB Senderos

LWB Richardson

DM Clarke

CM Bacuna

CM Delph

FWRD Agbonlahor

FWRD JC OR AW

Ashley Westwood forward? utterly insane

Andi Weimann...Westwood shouldn't be allowed in the ground full stop

What's wrong with Westwood??? He's coming along pretty well and will develop into a good CM for us. Ok, he's no Lampard or Stevie G but to give him a Suarez style ground ban is ridiculous ;)

The Dutch system could be the way forward also we have players that can play all those roles

proxy.jpg?t=HBgjaHR0cDovL3NoYXJlbXl0YWN0

That team looks vaguely okay. We might even come about 13th with that so that is progress.
We'd get completely over run with that system. Not that I enjoy negative tactics but that midfield has nothing to protect the 3 centre halfs at all.

If we do not buy a DM I personally would (but lambert won't) Play Clarke in a holding role in a 532. Should the Wing backs get caught up field you at the very least can quickly shuffle to crate a back 4 or stay as a DM with the 3 behind.

Then you I would go with Delph & Bacuna because of their energy levels. One could make a run while the other patrols the space between the box & DM.

Up top it'll be who partners Gabby, you could go with AW or JC. Letting Cole drop off.

I think we'd be a much better defensive unit & harder to breakdown.

GK Guzan

RWB Lowton

CB Okore

CB Vlaar

CB Senderos

LWB Richardson

DM Clarke

CM Bacuna

CM Delph

FWRD Agbonlahor

FWRD JC OR AW

Ashley Westwood forward? utterly insane

Andi Weimann...Westwood shouldn't be allowed in the ground full stop

What's wrong with Westwood??? He's coming along pretty well and will develop into a good CM for us. Ok, he's no Lampard or Stevie G but to give him a Suarez style ground ban is ridiculous ;)

Well it's the situation we find ourselves in that Westwoods deemed a premiership players for us. Just my two cents that is all.

Ki would be absolutely wonderful in one sense. But I am desperate for us to sign a proper DM, one with the ability to drop to centre back when necessary. We're so limited tactically without one.

Ki played CB for Swansea his first season with them. Ki is exactly what we need. I would be thrilled if we got him, but this seems very far-fetched to me.

• Like 1

Have I woken up in 2009?

I think Lambert has found MON's transfer list from 2007 down the back of a sofa at Bodymoor Heath, saying that he probably found a few quid there for Richardson too.  ;)

• Like 3

Aston-Villa-formation-tactics.png

With an actual DM on the books, we could line up as such and if needs be could switch to a defensive back four with Richardson going LM and Clark/Bacuna to fullbacks (or even Okore to RB and Bacuna RM)

I think the DM is a very important position for us to fill (again) because it will offer cover to our defence.

Take Westwood out for N'Zogbia and that's both my team and formation.

Kind of. My midfield diamond would be turned slightly, so the players can cross at diagonals without running into each other!