Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Samaras is a decent player, certainly better than Grant bloody Holt. Wouldn't mind him in our frail squad as a back up striker to Benteke/Kozak (especially as these two are returning from long term injuries) and competition for the wings with Gabby, Weimann, Grealish and Tonev. 

Samaras is a hard working professional who's been good for both Celtic and Greece.

Bendtner is a giant child with a drinking problem and a massive ego who hasn't played any significant part for any team since 2011.

Can't see why we would sign yet another striker rather than sort out our woefully mismatched midfiled

• Like 1

Samaras is a hard working professional who's been good for both Celtic and Greece.

Bendtner is a giant child with a drinking problem and a massive ego who hasn't played any significant part for any team since 2011.

Can't see why we would sign yet another striker rather than sort out our woefully mismatched midfiled

I agree that the midfield and defence are the top priorities. I'd still add Samaras if he was willing to sign as he has some big game experience in the CL and Internationals. 

What is the latest with Gareth Barry? I know he will have offers from good clubs but he would be the perfect signing for us right now. 

Samaras is unstoppable on his day but unfortunately they dont happen regularly enough.

• Like 1

I agree that the midfield and defence are the top priorities. I'd still add Samaras if he was willing to sign as he has some big game experience in the CL and Internationals. 

What is the latest with Gareth Barry? I know he will have offers from good clubs but he would be the perfect signing for us right now. 

We could do worse than Samaras for sure. He's done well playing out wide, much better than Gabby or Weimann has

Samaras would be better than Weimann or even Kozak anyway.

Muhammed Besic and Samaras would add something to the team.

We need a physical striker as a back-up for Benteke. Kozak won't return for a while.

Besic as a DM with Delph and Westwood in front of him.

Samaras is woeful, couldn't cut it at Ci£y and has looked average at Celtic. Why on earth would anyone want another below average player at Villa? We've got enough of these already. I'd rather give the kids a chance than sign dross like Samaras.

No to Samaras from me - whenever anyone mentions the guy, all I can think of is someone who stands around with his hands on his hips. Just an image I have in my head. But if he is available and Lambert wants him - get him in... As a supporter, my opinion means nothing anyway.

Samaras :D

A guy who was moved out wide as he couldn't score goals even in the SPL, his record for Greece is crap and his record at Man City was crap. In no way does he have any attributes to play wide, he was simply a striker who couldn't score goals.

Heart the size of a pea, control of a rapist, and makes Carew look like a grafter.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1